Photo ??: Tips for shooting from a small plane *UPDATE PICS 8/30*

Shooting from a Cessna 172 was by far the toughest shooting I’ve done so far. That’s a small ass plane. Small as in one shoulder was against the door, the other was touching the pilot until he moved his seat forward and I moved mine all the way back. I’m not a small guy, but I’m not a defensive tackle either.

As I’d twist to shoot the lens would be out the window, getting pounded by the wind. After the first pass I took off the lens hood because it was acting like a sail. I’d lean back but I had to be careful not to bump the pilot, and to watch where I was bracing my feet to turn and stabilize myself since the RUDDER PEDALS were right there. It would probably bad if I jammed full right rudder while we were 500 feet off the lake. :slight_smile:

Then as we would blow by I only had a few seconds each pass where the wedding party was lined up that I wasn’t looking through the wing support bar. My hands clamped on my camera as the winds try and pull it out the window.

EDIT:
All in all, it was a blast though. There’s nothing like going up in a small plane, window open, banking and diving over the lake.

pics of first 2 brides maids

:lol: I was in a plane with a 200mm lens. That’s about the best you’re going to get.