Photographers: opportunity to be published***

I have the opportunity to be in GM High Tech Performance, possibly the cover. An editor is looking into whether he has any local photographers, which I don’t see likely, and I prob wouldn’t be willing to fly one out here. He said “the car is definitely magazine worthy.” But I passed the idea of using one of my own sources, preferably one of you more experienced gentleman on here. With the leaves changing, I think we could get some pretty cool shots. This would be more of an… I feed you food and drinks for the day, and you can add to your resume, type of deal. But I would buy prints.

I figure I’ll get the wheels turning on this while I wait to hear back from him

thanks,
bill

That’s fucking cool! GL

I’d be down for shooting the car for you, and I can do all the prints here in house, up to 29" wide. :smiley: Shoot me a PM.

sorry i kind of forgot about this guys. i really do appreciate all who have volunteered to have a part in this. This is what i sent to those of you who sent me a pm:

hey,

i apologize for not getting through my pm’s sooner, this week has been crazy! i really appreciate the offer for help here i actually JUST received a return e-mail from the editor saying it’s worth a shot; to have myself source the photography… here is what he sent:

"It won’t hurt to try. Give it a shot.

Shoot all pics in large+RAW format.
Shots needed:
-side view
-front 3/4
-rear 3/4
-front straight on
-rear straight on
-engine bay from a couple angles, taken from shade (no harsh shadows)
-interior wide angle, taken from shade (no harsh shadows)
-rolling or burnout shot (wide angle up close)
-detail shots (wheel, emblem, interior details, etc) "

i think what i’m going to do is invite all who are willing to come take pictures, IF we have a nice day to do this when people are available with what’s left of the weather. ill choose, or let him choose the best pictures and go from there.

again, i appreciate your offer for your time

that being said, i also have my girl who is a photographer who wants to join… i’m not sure if weather/time is going to permit this to happen, and the car is clean, but should have a detail for this. i guess if the (well, “a”) weekend is approaching and the weather looks promising, we’ll go on that. where would you guys suggest we shoot? somewhere capturing the fact that it’s/we’re from buffalo would probably be cool. i’m up for suggestions

pretty cool :tup: