Pics from Killington this weekend

This past weekend at Killington there was a Certified Ski Patrol exam for the best of the best in the Eastern Division which pretty much includes NY, PA and all the states east. It is a pretty elite group of patrollers who are pretty much in the top tier as both skiers and first aid responders. The test includes 10 modules ranging from skiing, running toboggans, first aid problems and ski area management techniques. There were about 10 of us that went from Holiday Valley, 5 of whom are Certified, to cheer on the 18 new candidates from the division. So even though there was no private jets, or million dollar homes, we did get to stay for cheap, party a ton, and ski for free. As you will see we did have to work for our four free lift tickets (that normally cost $72 / day). They asked us to ride toboggans for the candidates and act as victims in their first aid problems. It was an amazing long weekend, the weather was prefect and the snow was pretty decent. ENJOY

The view from the top of the ski course-

Riding up the chair-

Top of Outer Limits, the longest bump run in the East-

Lunch in the sun-

Stick in my eye for the first scenario-

Riding the toboggan, ya it sucks as much as you think-

[FONT=Times New Roman]Oh ya, there was three major events going on this weekend. The US ski team was there for a bump competition; there were aerials, and a huge superpipe competition. Here is about 1000 people watching the aerials-[/FONT]

Here is me about to fall 20 feet into the bottom of the pipe because I thought I should have been competing in the weekends festivities. Note- I did get out of the pipe

Here is Otis, one of the St. Bernard’s at The Summit, where we stayed. Ya he didnt really move to much in four days.

ib4 notchDC5 on the st. bernard.

:tup: Love the stick in the eye. It’s worth posting that in othe forums and not telling them it was a ‘scenerio’

YA I should have laid there and looked like I was in pain. damnit

how were the double diamonds… super steep or moguls?

edit: ugh envious, I never made my trip out to sugar bush this year :frowning:

Steep, long, had moguls. There were pretty skier friendly though because the snow was real soft.

Super steep hills fucking rule. I rode sunshine valley in brittish columbia. The DD were fucking insane. Toe edge, standing straight up, the hill was in arms reach!!!

I just rode stowe the past month. I am not really into jumps anymore, but i did a few pretty hairy cliff drops.

good times at killington. too much to post. i dont think i have ever laughed as hard as i have at killington. and i’ll take devils fiddle over outer limits anyday

very nice. i didn’t even get out this winter :frowning: aw wells.

killington is an awesome mountain. im a little suprised that theres still snow up there.

i really wanted to get out to vermont this year. too bad the season was shit when i was off school for a whole month

Damm that looks nice :tup:

Jeller

Ya despite the rain we were talking in Jeller the ride up was sunny and clear. Killington received about 3 feet of snow the week before we got there and lost it all the 4 days we were there.

I didn’t get to go at all this year and Vermont is my home state, I am from Rutland, VT so Killington and Pico were about 10 minutes away so after classes in High school a bunch of us would head up for an hour or 2 almost everyday.

Can’t wait 'til I am living up there in 2 years.

Not quite out west, but couldn’t convince the girl to go west quite yet.

Nice man :tup:

Love the stick in the eye!