Pics from trackmasters 7/31

i’ve gotten to the point where seeing them doesn’t really do anything for me. In order for me to become in “awe” of a car, i pretty much need to drive it. Too many cars look great but drive like absolute shit.

Very cool :tup:

I heard the dude in the McLaren was soo slow they wouldnt let him back out for a second session. My buddys wife was instructing a kid in a n/a Cobalt that actually passed the Mclaren on the front straight. lol

Dan

looks like a blast, how did you get in with Trackmasters? is there a sign up somewhere?

I would just like to say to that man… “You are one lucky S.O.B.”

McLaren F1 is a bunch of gay sex… the cup lights looked hot… looks like it was a fun day

I’m really glad you got Mike as your instructor. He’s a great guy and he’s been instructing at the glen for a few years now. The last time I tuned his Supra I told him one of these days I’ll get down there so he can instruct me and I’m sticking to it. :slight_smile:

I dont think I saw it out on the track with my own eyes, but I saw him pulling out of the paddock so most likely yes

The Mclaren was only out one session and we were warned that a 2 million dollar car would be out on the track with us thinking he would come up on us fast. I think one of the instructors was supposed to drive it. Whoever was driving created a train of cars behind, and was driving extremely slow. Maybe the car was not running right or something.

Trackmasters.com, they have novice and intermediate schools. If you have never driven the Glen before its probably best to get into the novice school if your interested, the problem is I think they only schedule it once a year in May. Its alot of fun and the instructors are great.

I swear i have seen this car at NYIRP about 2-3years ago, he was running low 12’s @ mid 130’s:lol: And im not kidding

that was probably the other Mike, who lives near corning. He had a red one with a similar body kit.

I would love to see that on video! :rofl:

http://www.neqclub.org/index.php?option=com_events&task=view_detail&agid=4&year=2008&month=08&day=25&Itemid=46

I was thinking of going to this one. The group is great to run with, and the one instructor is a Camaro guy. Wanna go?

Can you just go and be a spectator at these events? I would definitely be down for making a trip to watch some of those cars on the circuit. NYSPEED meet @ the Glen?

I would go in a second except that I will be on my way back from Florida those 2 days… dammit

red camaro, gary? if so hes a great guy and can teach you a lot. i hope we have time to make another trip this year, i love going.

Wow thats some baller ass cars there :tup: fucking mclaren :bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl:
Thanks for the evo shout out.

yeah, gary is the man. I think it more scary and crazy what he dose in a big ass camaro high of the ground, then the preped vettes, and such in the open track

Sounds like you had fun Spencer. I need to make it to another track day at the glen… let me know if you plan another anytime soon.

Out of curiosity, what brake pads were you running? Did you lose any pedal throughout the session?

Oh and, what speeds were you hitting on the back straight and with what boost and octane?

Mike

I loved the whole boot. My instructor was actually suprised that I got the hang of it so easily. And baking my stock brakes in the bus stop was AWESOME. I baked them so bad I had to go straight instead of going through the bus stop. I had SO much fun going out in my instructors Audi Coupe, he was an AMAZING driver and a really really good teacher.

Nice pics, let me know next time you guys go and I’ll try and clear my schedule. I’ll be there in October and probably going to hit Mid O as well.

I was using HP10s and super blue fluid and lost pedal about 25 min into each session and had to get off the track. Mike sugguested I fab up some ducting to cool down the brakes.

I was on pump, 15 psi, hit about 120 before braking before the chicane or “bus stop”. That was one of my worst parts on the track, I was not taking in enough speed into turn one and through 3 and 4. Mike H took the whole streach from turn 2 in 5th and I think topped out at 140. I just shifted into 5th at the top of the back straight.