pics of friends setup in the making

Why don’t you have your friend make an account and have him post his own stuff?

Just curious because it would take a lot of heat off you for posting this.

to be honest , my buddy asked me to post up pics cuz hes a retard with computers. He has a user name… you guys stoned him too soon, so i dont konw if he sees this weather he will want to chime in.

What’s his username ?

I don’t think it’s confined to just computers.

Since when is everybody a fabricator ???et the kid be

Who did the SS on your car?

I get that alot actually. I am probably the most honest, straight shooter on this fourm and in real life. If someones a fucking welding artist I say great job. If they arnt i tell them they need help and tell they what they did wrong, why its wrong, suggest the proper way and prove why its proper. Simple as that. if I am gruff about it, or use a tone… to fucking bad I guess. Nowhere in here did I compare myself or my work to his. Just stated what was NOT right about it and how and why it needs to be done “my way”.

And I was telling everyone to fuck off because it was going off topic. If you dont give a shit about things going off topic dont post your own threads, and stop adding to the problem around here. Getting off topic on things and using justification to do so as "well its Shift that’s always what happens, or its not in technical… " doesn’t matter. its a lot like the welds we are supposed to be talking about, take pride in your efforts and the results will be better than most expected. Same with posts. I talk a lot here, use spell check and re-read most of what I post… because I take pride in the bullshit spewing from my mouth! lol

BACK ON TOPIC.

Why you follow my directions…

Backpurged welds… Turbo friendly on the inside:

NOT-Backpurged welds… see the grey shit coating the welds, and the lumps waiting to break off when they hit 1000+ deg’s PRIOR to the turbo???

thats my own test pieces I messed around with. Here are some others from the web that show what i am talking about.

NON backpurged:

Non backpurged:

Same exact thing, just properly back purged:

Thats exactly why you MUST do what I am talking about. Not only for stronger welds, but for cleaner welds. Thats also why you NEVER should MIG any turbo plumbing, or if you MUST, use Solar Flux on the inside and make sure you clean all of the flux out prior to installation.

I don’t think you have to be a fabricator to see the problems with that setup. I’m not saying anything bad to Ike, he’s cool in my book, just his buddy is garbage at welding.

I get it butt he didn’t weld it , nor Prolly care to much so why tear him up for it ? That’s my point . I get that woody is tryin to help butt it obv is goin on deaf ears .

True story Camarbro.

U ass bro

As Mk4 30R stated, my Jeep SRT8 is basically 99% stock. Sbardy’s Jeep is a completely different animal. He could beat you from a dig in reverse…from a roll, he would be so far ahead of you he wouldn’t even see the crap falling off your Grand Prix. I’m still down for running you from a dig, but I’m not going to race to 130mph or anything.

what do you think his jeep will trap when he gets it tuned?

I think it will be capable of going 135-140mph. There big problem is that he doesn’t have that many runs under his belt and with no boost controller, he is going to have a hard time getting it down the track. There is another 426 TT set up that has gone 9.45 at 145mph…but that guy had lots of runs before he achieved that. Basically, its going to come down to how well he can drive.
One other problem…he has no cage, so it’s not like he can make a bunch of runs and practice at the Valley. He will be kicked out long before he can get the practice.

Im saying 8.90’s at 160

I’m saying 11.90@143

15.4@156

I’ll be getting kicked out of the track well before it hits 9s… But then again who runs 9s on this site…

I forgot who it was who said that 10s are old, all those cars are gonna be running 9s this year. This was back in October.

I have ran 9’s every run at the track this year.

9 second’s in the 8th!

I run the 50 yard dash in 9 seconds.

I got you beat then.

I do it in 8.99 @ 8mph