Picture saving question

Why is it that when I want to right click and save a picture my only options are .art or .bmp? I want jpeg. If I pick either selection it doesn’t save the picture right.

Both with AOL and IE.

Has anyone ever had this situation?

what is your default picture program?

I use IE and from what I have seen is that certain pictures when I right click them allow me to save them as GIF/bitmap and others let me save as jpeg/bitmap

As for not saving right make sure you are saving it to the location you are looking for it in(ie desktop). And I recommend not using AOL or IE ( yes I know I use IE but thats because I protect myself) use Mozilla Firefox

If you can get them to save you can change the compressions in either MS paint or Photoshop

aol saves in art from past experiences. but if ur using aol u deserve to have a shitty pic format lol

I only use AOL because that’s the internet connection we have in the house. I have photoshop so I guess that’s my default picture program. I’ll have to check.

EDIT Why can’t I find how to change my default image program?

Also, don’t turn this thread into an anti-aol and an anti-IE thread… go make one for that if you need to talk about it.

Got it fixed… cleared temp files and now saving as a .bmp or .jpeg works.

print screen, trim in paint/PS, save as jpeg

Lol… ya I’ve done that before… only really works well if the pic fits on the screen. Unless you feel like splicing pics together.

AOL saves it as .art if you have your internet web options set to compress graphics for faster DL. Change it to “never compress graphics” and it should save it normally

Ya, I’ve tried to that too… won’t let me change settings… damn AOL. :lol:

It’s alright though… IE works fine now.