Pictures from Japan

yo jumping in front of subway is a trade mark for south korean yo. not japan.

thats why we have that sliding window system in every subway station in korea :smiley:

Nice, I’m kind of in the same boat. I’ve got a friend that has family there, so i’ll be crashing at their place. I know a bit of Jap, but I’m learning as much as I can in these next couple of months so that I’m near fluent. Sounds like you had a good time, may I ask why you plan on moving up there?

everyone backs in…
so nice, would love to go there.

^^ maybe because he have a good job that pays good money. from what i know jap is the one of the most expenssive country to live in… even houses are sooo small but soo expenssive… worst then korea…

fuck… just hit up korea too on the way… cop cars are sooo slow down there ( elentra)… should have no problem with stock s13 lol lol lol.

You should be fine then, as long as you know enough Japanese to say you want something, or hungry etc… your good to go. Japanese people were pretty nice (to me atleast) with trying to speak Japanese. They almost all speak a bit of english too… just most are shy to even try speaking it… like us and… French… ew. As long as you try to understand what they are saying, they’ll do the same and you’ll probably end up having a lot of funny/weird conversations… Me and her friends/mom had tons of interesting 25% japanese, 25% english… and a lot of hand/face gestures haha!

I want to move there for a lot of reasons. My girlfriend is from Japan, she’s a student going to college so after she’s done her course here… we decided that she is going to work here for a year and then we are going to go there for a couple years (Providing I can, because of the Japanese government.) I have to find a job, and prove income/place to live… etc. Regular stuff for a work permit and stuff, should be easy(er) with her there to help me. I want to go there because of how it is. Japan is beautiful, clean, people are polite, much less stressful and all around more enjoyable than Canada… atleast I think so. I’ve lived here all my life, time for something new… and FAR different. The car’s, eletronics, etc is all just a benefit (an awesome benefit, but still just one of the things)

Wait until you fill up a kerosene heater when it is freezing, or have to deal with shoddy poorly constructed Japanese buildings that have ridiculous drafts. It’s one thing to live as a visitor, it’s another to try and integrate as an outsider. I know several people that have lived in Japan for many years. It’s far from perfect. It’s great when you know minimal Japanese, because you can’t understand all of the racist bigotry. But when you become good, that’s when Japan kicks you in the ass with it’s ugly foot.

I was there during the winter, and yes your definitely right about the drafty ass houses. lol. Thats what a space heater and lots of blankets were for… I was more upset with the futon (sleeping bag, imo)… and the hard ass matresses they sleep on normally. lol

As for the racist stuff, maybe it depends on where you live in Japan. I was with my gf the entire time, I’m sure if someone said something she woulda told me. The only thing I got asked to do by a Japanese person that seemed kinda rude was an old dude (like 70) yelling at me for smoking where I wasn’t supposed to smoke. But no doubt you are right, as I’m sure a lot of them are the way you say, I could definitely see Japanese people being like that, but its not much different in Canada. I can’t really remember the last time an old brown guy and chinese dude were friends. I think Canada is pretty racist too in my opinion. We like to believe that this country isn’t, but the amount of stereotypical shit a lot of people say/do definitely doesnt help.

But, all in all… I don’t think I will move there permanently or anything… I’ve just lived in Toronto my entire life so it was an exciting trip to me. I might move there for a year or two, probably not longer. Just to have the experience, learn something new, be surrounded by something different. Maybe by the end of that, I’ll understand where your coming from with the people like your friends who’ve lived there… You’re probably right, I just don’t know enough Japanese to pick up what they are saying about me… but I’m not a kid anymore I think I could take it. If us North American’s are good at anything, it’s insulting people and ripping into them.

Yes, that’s because we are all hypocritical, ethnocentric, and racially discriminatory to some degree. Every single person except maybe Ghandi types.

P.S even though a Canadian G can automatically be transferred over to a Japanese license without any examinations, you should still get an international license. That international license is a ticket to get away with vehicular hell.

^ Definitely correct, I think you realize as you get older… its not so much people being racist… it’s more people tired/frustrated with the other race/cultures stereotypes.

Also, Yeah thats actually something I’ve been wondering, could I gain the ability to drive there with a G2? And international License? First time I’ve heard about this… how do I get one? lol.