Pinks cars at Wexford this week!

Sport Compacts set to invade Wexford Starlite Car Cruise

The newest generation of cruisers will be featured this week at the Wexford Starlite Car Cruise as the popular Friday night cruise presents “Import Tuner Night”.

Join us this Friday, August 25 the largest car cruise of its kind in the area welcomes the latest craze in automotive customization. The Sport Compact cars, sometimes called “Tuners” are truly works of art. The neon lights, high performance powerplants, along with state of the art audio and video systems make this newest generation of show car something to behold.

Not restricted to imports, the Sport Compacts include cars like the Nissan 240sx, Pontiac Sunfire, Subaru WRX, Dodge Neon, Mazda RX7 and even Chevy S10 Pickups.

As a special treat, you will have the opportunity to see two of the cars that recently raced for a filming of the SPEED TV program Pinks. The wildly popular show pits teams and their cars in a series of drag races at tracks around the country. Perhaps the show, which harkens back to the days of racing for pink slips, can be best summed up by the show’s own tagline: Lose the Race, Lose your Ride.

A group of friends and local business JJ’s Automotive, 1st Try Engineering, Domination Chassis and Hybridynamics connected by the website PITTspeed.com got accepted to race on the show. They built a car and raced for a filming of the show at a dragstrip in Maryland. The best part is: They won! Not only did they beat the other car, they got to bring the car they bested home with them. After the airing of the show in the fall on SPEED TV, the cars will both be auctioned off for charity.

So come out this Friday, August 25th to the Wexford Starlite Car Cruise to see some of the coolest Sport Compacts anywhere and get a chance to talk to the builders and racers of the victorious car from Pinks.

The cruise gets underway every Friday night at 6 PM.

:bigthumb:

I’ll be there!

:bigok:

well be there

my office is the one behind the church!

i edited your post and added the names of the shops…

please dont just call the people that put the blood sweat and tears into this juts bussiness associates of pittspeed.com

please in any promtion that you do for it it MUST have

jj’s automotive
1st try engineering
domination chassis
haybrid dynamics

thanks

Thanks for editing it. I was banging this release out pretty late last night and didn’t take the time to do the research. Rest assured that when the car is at Wexford as well as when Whitey comes on the radio again there will be plenty of opportunities to promote the businesses involved.

Thanks again,
Jim Z

:bigthumb:

i’m there

when you say release was this published other places??

Although I do send most of my press releases for the Wexford Cruise to a handful of media oulets (Rappin’ on Racin’ Radio, Beaver County Times, Trib, PG etc), rarely do any of them actually print them. Most of my “list” of people I send them to are car clubs (about 50) and a few automotive related businesses. One of the guys on my list forwards the release on to several other clubs on his “list”.

BTW, I will be co-hosting the aformentioned Rappin’ on Racin’ (Mondays 6-8 PM on WEDO Radio 810 AM) on September 18. It will give me an opportunity to give the Pinks deal a mention.

I also dedicated a paragraph to it in my column in the August issue of Motorsports World Magazine.

can be annouced anywhere in the world but it HAS to have those shops mentioned

Just a quick question - Is the Pinks car going to be in the feautured car section this week? If so - is it a “pittspeed” thing, or a “pinks” thing? Just wondering if there was going to be a Pittspeed section for us all to park in or if there will just be space reserved for the Pinks crew.

A big Pittspeed section this week would be cool :cool:

i believe just the pinks crew

JayZee?? I know its sport compact night at Starlite this week, not sure if they could accomodate pittspeed members cars as well

The way it will probably work is that there will only be “reserved spaces” for the Pinks cars. They should be in the same row as the food vendors behind the DJ.

The next row up is the row we save for the “Featured Cars” every week. The rest of the PITTspeed cars can go in there. We try to discourage saving spaces, but Whitey if you ask Bill James when you get there perhaps he can ask the folks parking cars to allow a number of spaces for you guys so you can be together. You guys bringing the Pinks cars will be there early enough to make the arrangement swith Bill.

Whitey feel free to call me with anything else I can help with.

JZ

I’ll probably be there. Where exactly is it at, address? Incase I can’t meet up with anyone that knows where it is.

http://www.starlitecarcruise.com/news.html Click on Directions on the left menu bar.