pirates nightly recap

June 10,2005

and there was noooooo doubt about it. 7-2 buccaroos 27,000+ on hand. buccos move to 29-30 and go for .500 tmw night. Come and come early,gates open a 5pm! Oliver Perez on the hill and Bill mazeroski figurine night.

baseball is :greddy:

sweet

Ill be there tomorrow night, mom scored some club box seats

i might come down, i doubt they’ll sell out, i usually just buy my tickets off a scalper…

if the pirates play 500 ball, i will be happy. so far i am w/ their effort. i dont need world series rings, just a competitive team. so far they been in alot of games they lost, and have not blown too many games. So they got me hooked right now.

I’ve been following them seriously for all my life. Through all the good and all the bad I’ve never been more excited that I have been in the last month or so. They’ve been playing very well (maybe better than they should be) and they haven’t been blown out of that many games this year. That tells me that things are looking up for the team as a whole.

Maybe I’m in denile and it’s just a matter of time before they implode like they’ve done in years past. I dunno. I’m hoping that they can continue to put things together for the rest of the season and finish over .500 just to shut up all their detractors. It would be good to see us have a winning season and come into 2006 with some hope of an even better year and a shot at the playoffs.

.500 Ball…All Right!

scalpers are bad for several reasons. First off i know a lot of them from my 5 years here and they are sneaky bastards, especially the one that looks like sammy sosa’s fat brother. Two, they are no longer located near the gates and you have to walk out of your way to get to them (down under the ft duq bridge). three, they sometimes sell bad tickets meaning when you scan your ticket at the gate it comes up red and you ain’t gettin in the park. Four, pirates tickets are so cheap i don’t know why you would ever need to buy off them unless the game was completly sold out. Five, the pirates offer a number of discounts, like PNC Check card, GE advantage card, seira mist can night, etc etc, the scalpers can’t match our prices. AND LASTLY AND MOST IMPORTANT, when you buy off a scalper it does nothing to support the team, the pirates need as much revenue as they can get. When the right players are available they will be able to score a big free agent.

how bout a sticky on this? i’ll give the recaps when they are in town and do my best when they are on the road

i always get good tickets and in for cheaper…i walk right past the scalpers from where i park… if the scalper wants anything close to face value i buy it at the window…im usually a few innings late cuase of work, so i usually get the tickets discounted…the ticket window doesnt discount for being late…

where did the scalpers get the tix then? i assume they were bought off the team at some point.

true but thats their problem if they wanna buy a bunch of tickets and try to sell them, if they got tickets in their hand they are their responsibility, our responsibility is to sell as many tickets as possible and if that means fucking the scalpers and leaving them with tickets in their hand so be it. but thats only one part of it, i gave 6 important points. Ticket brokers are legit businessmen, scalpers are lazy n____ that hang outside the stadium or do what they are used to doing, hanging on street corners

anywho 12-0 bucs top of the 7th. 31k+ on hand

sweeet its about time the pirates came around n kicked some ass !!! arent they still one of the lowest paid teams in the league ?? i dunno

they are in the bottom half i’m sure.

13-1 top 8th

enjoy 500 while you can… lotta losses coming up in the next couple weeks. bosox, yankees, and washington twice! ouch, that’s a tough ass june for any team.

and there was nooooooooooooo doubt about it!!! 18-2 the battling buccaneers of the allegheny. The improve their record to 30-30. .500!!! most runs in a game by the pirates since september 1992 against the mets. tonights attandance is a pallindrome 31,113. Oliver Perez picks up his 5th win of the season. jose castillo 5 rbi’s daryl ward 4 RBI’s. the pirates go for the sweep tomorrow @ 1:35 pm.

Atlanta, baltimore and flordia weren’t good? the yankees blow this year.

besides sittin in a lil bit of rain it was a good game… I like how the one kid touched the fairball and killed the play i think in the 6th inning

i ended up goin too, awesome game