Pitman Files: police arrest man because SAFE act NY

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/crime/wnyer-first-to-be-charged-under-gun-law

^ 1st charged

watch out most police will say there are on your side then bang arrest you. this happened in a county that repealed the safe act just like toga

Well considering the weapon (1st gun) is illegal even before the SAFE act went into effect, I see nothing more than an idiot seller and you making a sensational thread about it.

Pistol grip, bayonet lug and collapsible stock… he would have gotten arrested 2, 3, 4, 5 and older years ago for the same thing.

WATCH OUT :ahh

Pitman you are a genius…do you read/think about your posts before clicking submit?

What vlad said. And to add to that, no one has repealed the SAFE act. The counties have just taken an official stand against it. Doing so doesn’t actually do anything except put pressure on the governor.

negs everywhere

“, in violation of the then recently passed NY SAFE Act, which made illegal the transfer, sale, exchange and disposal of an assault weapon to a person unauthorized to possess such a weapon”

Ummm, and undercover officer, is still an officer… how are they “unauthorized to possess”? He sold it to a law abiding citizen, who is also an officer. He didnt sell them to some illegal alien, or a known convicted fellon.

And, how were those 2 guns illegal back befor the safe shit? I thought those were standard features on those guns? I just recently became a “gun nut” so sorry for not knowing everything.

the awb of 94 limted defined an assault weapon as semi auto with 2 or more “military features” (deatachable magazine, bayonet lug, threaded barrel or any barrel designed to accomidate a flash or noise suppressor, pistol grip, collapsible or telescoping stock, and any under barrel launchers) what was referred to as a pre ban could have the other features, but the “loophole” (i hate calling it that) was if you removed, disabled, or pinned the other features, your only military feature was the pistol grip. the guy sold a rifle with a bayonet lug on it that was manufactured after 1994, it would have been illegal without the safe act (in nys).

/\ thanks for the clarification +rep!

edit gotta spredum first on the rep

EDIT: BDSKJChris beat me to it :stuck_out_tongue: