NYS Sheriffs Write to Cuomo.

GOOD READ, please take the time to do so and pass this along. It shows that there are a vast number of LEO’s that STILL do not feel this is right, regardless of the new LEO exemptions added

http://rochesterhomepage.net/fulltext?nxd_id=367362

And the actual letter

http://rochesterhomepage.net/images/...A%20letter.pdf

I believe some towns even have officially announced their non compliance with the regulation.

Cuomo is trying to start the civil war with the stupid law agenda, question is how many people are actually crazy enough to fire the first shot and write their life away for the cause.

I’ve heard from someone who knows someone who knows someone, that the Columbia County DA will not enforce the SAFE ACT or any other legislation that hinders 2nd amendment rights.

all i know is the cops are not stupid well there are but not when it comes to hurting them. they will be the guys sent to gather the illegal guns. they will be the ones shot not crumo. thats why they are against it. crumo will not be banging on my door saying give me your gun. he will pay lil pawns to do his bidding.

at the end of the day the cops are paid to listen to the commander. they will do as told and take our guns. look at martial law

and this is wrong becasue they already hinder the 2nd with there pre 2013 laws.

towns in california said the same thing for marijuna and look at what the atf did there.

10th amendment is just as importnat

Cuomo is seriously going to start a NYS Civil War.

good shit.

People are all talk. How many gun owners were affected by this VS how many showed up at capital?

Hypothetically…

When there are cops at your door trying to take your AR away because you didn’t register it, and you have your wife and your kid in the house… Are you going to write your entire life away and start shooting to protect your right to own it, or you’re just going to realize this isn’t a battle you can win or worth it. Your wife and kid matter more and they need you.

I don’t support it one bit. Or that will ever happen. But civil war? People are pushovers and are lazy. Plenty of rights have been taken away to date… Aaaaand what happened? Nothing. Assault weapon bans come and go, so do other infringements. People live on.

Same thing I heard from someone in the same CO. He and he fellow officers are still packing 7+ rounds keeping them and us safe on the clock too.

I am amazed that someone didn’t take a shoot at someone yet. Society is falling apart everyday and people are loosing hope day in and day out. It only takes one lost soul with nothing left to hope for to make their move. If I was in those officials shoes, I wouldn’t step foot in public.

front page on their website:

http://www.nysheriffs.org/articles/sheriffs’-response-ny-safe-act

•Assault weapon ban and definition of assault weapons. We believe that the new definition of assault weapons is too broad, and prevents the possession of many weapons that are legitimately used for hunting, target shooting and self defense. Classifying firearms as assault weapons because of one arbitrary feature effectively deprives people the right to possess firearms which have never before been designated as assault weapons. We are convinced that only law abiding gun owners will be affected by these new provisions, while criminals will still have and use whatever weapons they want.

• Reduction of ammunition magazine capacity. The new law enacts reductions in the maximum capacity of gun magazines. We believe based on our years of law enforcement experience that this will not reduce gun violence. The new law will unfairly limit the ability of law‐abiding citizens to purchase firearms in New York. It bears repeating that it is our belief that the reduction of magazine capacity will not make New Yorkers or our communities safer.

•Method of bill passage. It is the view of the Sheriffs’ Association that anytime government decides it is necessary or desirable to test the boundaries of a constitutional right that it should only be done with caution and with great respect for those constitutional boundaries. Further, it should only be done if the benefit to be gained is so great and certain that it far outweighs the damage done by the constriction of individual liberty. While many of the provisions of the new law have surface appeal, it is far from certain that all, or even many, of them will have any significant effect in reducing gun violence, which is the presumed goal of all of us. Unfortunately the process used in adoption of this act did not permit the mature development of the arguments on either side of the debate, and thus many of the stakeholders in this important issue are left feeling ignored by their government. Even those thrilled with the passage of this legislation should be concerned about the process used to secure its passage, for the next time they may find themselves the victim of that same process. Fortunately, the Governor has shown himself open to working with interested parties to address some of the problems that arose due to the hasty enactment of this law. We will work with the Governor and the Legislature on these issues.

• Sheriffs understand their Constitutional obligations and the concerns of constituents Sheriffs and other law enforcement officers are not called upon by this new legislation to go door‐to‐door to confiscate any weapons newly classified as assault weapons, and will not do so.

Sheriffs represent all the people, and we take an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of New York. Sheriffs will continue to enforce all laws of the state and will protect the rights of all citizens, including those rights guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of New York.

hell yes! about time. Completely logical thinking people standing up for themselves and others. Awesome.

fuck yes.

If you guys didn’t have to register long gun before this passed then how will “they” know where to go to confiscate unregistered firearms? Door to door checks? It will never happen. You could have a dozen surface-to-air missiles in your basement and if they’re not registered then no one knows.

Surface to air! I’d love to fire one at a target for fun ( no I don’t want to join the military to do this)

If they were serious about finding guns, making examples of people who didn’t register their arsenal then hand them over, tracking them down and making a bust they will and can.

Technically speaking its no different than a drug dealer getting busted for having drugs (and other illegal stuff) at their house. The cops put up surveillance, send in undercovers, DO HOMEWORK ON THE INTERNET, watch the house, the perp, etc. When they have enough of a case they get a warrant and kick the door off the hinges.

All it takes is a few examples and the flood of worried people will register their shit, sell their shit, or as most are still currently, throw their hands up in the air and wonder wtf they are “supposed” to do.

SOF response letter to these laws as well on a more federal level, an even better read. Read this as well plz…

I just read that one on FB, that was EXCELLENT.

then read this one too

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B56MnMGOf6wrSzBuM0V3UjAtN2M/edit?pli=1

AWE YEAH hometown backup! Fuck you Cuomo.

And of course the green berets now

http://sofrep.com/16644/1000-green-berets-sign-letter-of-support-for-2nd-amendment/#ixzz2JOJ7a6SJ

I’m just posting these letters as I find them.

Same letter.

Army SF = Green Berets.