"SAFE" Act arrest in New Lebanon

Normally being pro-gun I would say it really is bullshit to get arrested over 2 bullets too many, but I posted this more on the lines of this is the typical moron people that will just make enforcing and encouraging dumb laws more possible.

I mean seriously, driving with a suspended license and you leave a firearm in the passenger seat knowing you have more ammo in the clip than you are supposed too. It’s like he was trying to get caught.

http://www.news10.com/story/22236238/troopers-make-safe-act-arrest-in-new-lebanon

Troopers make SAFE Act arrest in New Lebanon

NEW LEBANON, N.Y. - A man has been charged under the New York State SAFE Act after troopers found he had a handgun in his car with the loaded magazine containing nine rounds of ammunition, rather than the limit of seven rounds. State Police issued a traffic stop for 31-year-old Gregory Dean of Hopewell Junction on Route 22 in New Lebanon Sunday night for an inadequate license plate lamp.
While interviewing Dean, troopers observed a handgun on the front passenger seat that was partially covered by a sweatshirt. Investigation revealed a Smith and Wesson semi-automatic .40 caliber handgun was legally possessed, but police say it was revealed that the loaded magazine contained nine rounds of ammunition, rather than the limit of seven rounds, as required by the SAFE Act.
Dean was also found to be driving with a suspended license.
He was charged with Unlawful Possession of Certain Ammunition Feeding Devices and Aggravated Unlicensed Operation of a Motor Vehicle 3rd Degree, both misdemeanors.

I agree 110%

sadly the media will use this against us and label this idiot as a “responsible gun owner” instead of the irresponsible jackass that he is…there is a major difference between peaceful defiance and outright ignorance and stupidity.

I thought this part of the law was abolished? Maybe I’m reading the wrong bullshit then? Lll

They amended the law to allow for the sale of up to 10 round mags. You still cannot load more than 7 rounds into any mag that can hold more than 7 though.

There is no difference between an idiot irresponsible gun owner and a responsible gun owner until the idiot does something stupid and makes the rest of us look bad…

Part of the anti gun crowd complaint is that idiots are allowed to have guns.

Can’t say I disagree with that.

shoulda fired 2 off in the dirt and called it a day.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120627192428/cartoonnetwork/images/7/79/Yosemite.gif

On a side note. If you have your pistol permit… how many can you carry at a time legally? Becasue it would be funny as hell if you got pulled over with say 20 pistols in your car… and they had to empty 140 different bullets out on the hood of their car to check you out. lol Cant have 7 in a clip but I can have 140 in my car loaded up.

orrrr 7 live in the clip and a bunch of snap caps loaded up too! lol

So if I am a responsible gun owner… for extreme example, own but never chamber a round or fire a weapon. and my nextdoor neighbor has illegal guns, breaks laws and shit… I still look bad?

idunnoaboutthat

pretty much what i was saying, although i think that there is a bit of a difference. IMO no responsible gun owner would have a firearm sitting on the passenger seat of their vehicle, unless it was in a case…sadly most responsible gun owners have been lazy in the past and its coming back to haunt them now, such as selling to a complete stranger without getting a background check or even ID. although they werent required a year ago, if I owned a gun and were to sell it, unless i knew the person i would make them submit to a background check so i know that they are not a criminal. this is where i am torn between supporting and opposing universal background checks, i believe there are a lot of idiots who should not own guns, but as history has shown a universal background check=registry and anytime a registry has been established it leads to confiscation…however privately conducted background checks (almost like a pre-employment check) could be a possible solution.

/kk post

KK ccw with NYS compliance

Bye bye pistol permit for him…

I’ve had a trooper count the bullets in my magazine BEFORE the safe act. He must have wanted to make sure I only had 10…

There is a universal background check for pistol owners in New York and a registry.

Are you implying that there is going to be a pistol confiscation?

maybe not anytime soon but the possibility is there, but don’t take that as me saying that there should be nothing in place for a screening to keep guns out of the hands of criminals. but as i said before history has shown that once a national registry is established, the next step is confiscation.

So according to history when is Israel and Sweden going to have its confiscation?

Man pistol owners should rise up quick, they are in constant danger of confiscation!!!

israel also requires mandatory military service and sweden pretty much mandates gun ownership for all males and homeowners…i know you are either playing devils advocate or just trying to get under my skin but the US isnt really comparable to israel in this instance.

^ he does that on all the gun topics. Its nonsense and I’ve learned to ignore it.

i know, believe me i saw it coming as soon as he replied in this thread, arguing with vlad is like wrestling with a pig in the mud…after a while of fighting you get aggrovated, exhausted, and dirty…and then you realize he enjoys it.

Of course I’m playing devils advocate.

I see people with very strong opinions on the matter and I want to know exactly why they hold them. When I get to the bottom of it all, typically they can’t even explain why they do.

How is Israel not comparable? You just used every country in history under the blanket statement of “throughout history it leads to confiscation” so I used 2 countries out of your example and all of the sudden they don’t count?

If even they don’t count because of military training, so that means there is no confiscation once the people are trained to use it even if the guns are registered? Sweden wouldn’t even be that hard to confiscate, they aren’t allowed to own bullets at the house, they have to use them all at the range :rofl

Sorry for making you question your die hard logic and opinions, god forbid you have to think about it, stay thirsty my friends! :beer

Anyways…

I like how the media has been exploiting the safe act. Like the guy in Troy who was shooting an illegal weapon and then ran from police, but has a “safe act” charge. Like that means anything to this guy. I believe he was charged with criminal possession of a weapon 2nd. Which is much more serious the. The rounds he has in his mag. He will have the safe act charge dropped more then likely. It’s pretty much useless for criminals and law abiding citizens.

Just funny how the media makes it seem like the safe act is making a difference.