Pittsburgh Penguins

Fuck ovechkin his does nothing in his own end he sits at the redline and cherry picks most of the time. Malkin was checkin and blockin shots after russia was up by like 3 goals in one of the olympic games. and what physicality are you talking about. cuz every damn hit now is a penalty.

MALKIN > ovechkin

AMEN :angel:

You must not watch much hockey. There is no more clutch and grab NHL, but this league is still, by far, the most physical league in the world. And yes, I’ve seen games in the Russian SuperLeague and the Swedish League last year. NHL is 5x more physical.

You’re arguing a point that makes no sense. Malkin may be more of a 2 way player than Ovechkin is, just like Sydney is more of a 2 way player than Ovechkin is. But just because you play O and D does not make you the best. When did you see Mario or Jagr or Kovalev backcheck? NEVER. Robert Lang backchecks, so does Martin Straka, but they are no where near the players that Kovy, Mario, and Jagr are (or were).

Right now, the Penguins need as much D as they can get. But, IMO, Ovechkin is a far better talent at this current time. If I was building a team and starting from scratch and had a choice between Ovechkin and Malkin, it would be Ovechkin easily.

i dont know how you can confidently make that decision without seeing Malkin on the nhl stage. I’m not going to say he’s better…But i cant say he is worse. He may come over here next year and blow ovechkins stats out of the water, or he may fail miseribly. Only time will tell.

yeah your probably right with that one

That’s exactly what I already said!