pjb,s e/bay build up

you dont have the block yet?? theres gt40 heads on craigslist for 300 bucks. also dont 99-01 explorers have them 2?

I’d carb/nitrous this thing. Carbs work. And they work well. Much better then early 90’s computers, that’s for sure.

I hate carbs and really dont want to screw with nitrous yet. I had thought about it with the old motor but didnt set this one up for nitrous. Its got 10.7 compression with 58cc heads.

The block is on its way.

Id really rather get good heads than stock Explorer heads.

It’ll take a 100 shot fine. Nothing to hate about carbs, it’ll run better then FI IMO. You’ll spend less and go faster.

Ive already got all the FI stuff anyway.

Id rather run 12’s all motor before spraying. Maybe eventually Ill try it when Ive got more cash though.

Get used to the car on motor 1st, dont go blowin it up by hittin the limiter on spray LOL

Spray is a long way off, if I ever even decide to do it. Im not a big fan of it.

You need to become a fan of drving the thing hard, and getting good times 1st =-P

how the fuck do you have 10.7:1 compression and 58 cc chambers if you havnt bought ur heads yet? all im saying is that gt40 heads are a good/cheap upgrade from e7 heads. they have bigger valves, 60cc istead of 66 i believe and 185 intake runners which is plenty big enough not sure what e7s have for runners. Im sure you dont want to hear shit from me but my buddy just bought a fox and im on a little mustang kick if you dont mind.:hyper:

Yeah, Ill probably end up driving it like a grandma for a while so I dont fuck it up right away.

Thats what the compression ratio was listed as with 58cc heads. It changes with the head cc.

The stock E7’s are shit and I know GT40’s are an improvement but I really want something better. I want something around a 185 that flows good. I was told my AFR165’s wouldnt flow enough for my new motor.

Going to pick up the motor at Con Way freight in a little while.

Motor is in my garage. Now Ive gotta seriously look for heads and pick a cam.

Quit dragging your feet

Im looking for heads right now.

Hows the motor look?

I didnt take the 2 layers of plastic off of it because I want to keep it dry.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg111/PaulJBrudzienski/DSC02535.jpg

You should see whats inside, make sure its not a 305 LOL

Yeah, my luck its a v6.
I just dont want moisture getting at it.

Check it, then saran wrap it back up. Thats what i would do. Ya would hate to see something wrong 2 months from now and have to eat the cost