Plastic Gun?

.45 G.A.P. pressure is SAAMI-established at a maximum of 23,000 psi, but was tested up to 35,000 psi. Actual pres*sure of the released round runs between 19,900 and 20,500 psi to be "on the safe side.

FYI

isn’t that movie with clint eastwood?

It’s john Malcovich (SP) too isn’t it?

where the fuck is k cost?

i think whoever i was talking to go this and the bodyguard mixed up

and a quick google search shows there are plenty of plastics that can withstand 25,000 PSI most are FRP’s but some are nylon based… i can imagine a Carbon reinforced plastic or nanotube plastic would be even stronger

found some abstracts mentioning a Carbon fiber reinforced plastic capable of withstanding 50k psi for use in toe caps of furnaces

There are guns with “plastic” barrels, sleaved in chrome or other metals.

The Nylon 66 was a .22 plinker that was pretty much all nylon, but the barrel was sleeved for accuracy. Even then using a sling to stabalize during shooting pulls the shot off at 25 yds.

I could see a total plastic gun for novelty, but not for serious shooting. Even with metal barrels overheating and accuracy are a problem.

Lil Wayne - Go Dj

And I move like the Coupe thru traffic
Rush hour GT Bent’ roof is absent
Ya bitch present wit the music blasting
And she keep asking how it shoot if its plastic

I gotta come work with you guys at Ingram

you are moving.

Even if you had a plastic gun, what are you going to fire, plastic bullets? The bullets are still metal and (I am not a metal detector expert) I’m pretty sure that negates the whole benefit of a plastic gun.

There are low-metal guns, but you can’t have no-metal guns.

Rant:
If you really want to start getting all :tinfoil: over weapons that can be snuck on planes, there are commercially available plastic and carbon fiber combat knives. Never mind that ceramic knives are some of the sharpest in the world. The only X factor is cost, so no matter how many freedoms the government takes away from you, or how little privacy you have left, if the bad guys really want to ruin your day they can.

^^How sharp does it need to be?

realistically you could do all sorts of damage with everyday objects.

I have a couple of ceramic knives at my house, my dad had KAbar as one of his biggest clients and every year would get their entire knife catalog to shoot pics of etc… so he got to keep most everything, including a ceramic knife… its pretty BA you can drop a piece of paper on it and it will cut about 50% in if you hit it right

^ thats obnoxious

what is?

a knife that sharp

yea, its pretty BA… i guess it never made it to general production for them… it was a USMC type knife… but wasnt for the MC itself… kind of just a tradeshow piece… i guess its too brittle to hit bone as it would snap off… but its a fun pice to have behind hte bar to show off

Yeah that movie was badass, snuck the bullet in on a lucky rabbit’s foot on the key chain.