Players suspended for missing All-star events

well they can play that many games because all they do is stand around and pick their asses lol don’t compare a baseball season to a hockey season from a physical standpoint…

Moving it to the end of the season doesn’t make sense. Who wants to play hockey in June?

I think they should scrap the game all together. The standings are too damn close with all the 3 point games out there (shootout loser point)…

Guys have to scrap to get every point, and having 5 days off in the winter would be great for anybody.

I bet miller is glad he isn’t making it, more time to rest.

How does that relate at all? Is my company trying to win something that the employees have been wanting their whole lives? Is there a risk of me getting hurt and not being able to work and help my company win whatever it is they would be competing for? The all star voting is a joke anyways so why take it seriously? The best players are not fully represented in the game. If a player choses not to play that doesn’t mean he should be punished for it. By suspending the players for it also hurts their team.

You don’t have to play at 100% to take a puck or stick to the face.

Simply stated:

They make a lot of money to play a game
The sport needs publicity

If none of the all stars show up to play, there isn’t an all-star game that people would pay to see or turn the TV on to. Money drives sports…not that hard to understand.

they are proffesionals, it is not for fun, they get PAID, its their JOB.