Sean Avery suspended

So ridiculous, he just said what everyone else knows.

Avery has plenty of brutal checks, fights, trips and slashes due to him, but a suspension not even related to the game :bloated:

i read it yesterday, anyone else i’d say its lame, but since its avery fuck him he can sit lol

LOL!!! i thought i was gonna see a shitty check or a good reason for him getting suspended. I like him a tiny bit for doing that since she is probably a cunt.

On a side note doesn’t he look exactly like how soutpark draws canadians?

:lol:

+1

lol pretty much

Yeah I was actually really happy when I heard this yesterday.

Not only is he a scummy hockey player, but just a scummy human being as well.

Still, suspend for something he does on the ice. Being suspended for a comment that wasn’t even bad sets a pretty bad precedent, next time it will be a guy that isnt a total yambag that gets suspended for free speech.

mmmmm Elisha Cuthbert

Meh I see it as the nhl trying to keep their sport from turning into the retard circus the nfl has become in regards to the way their athletes conduct themselves.

+1

Fuck Sean Avery, he’s useless. There is no need for players like him in the NHL.

How can I guy who scores ~12 goals a season say that “Iginla isn’t exciting, nobody likes to watch him” ???

exactly, it could turn into a slippery slope. Gotta keep the NHL ‘classy’, which for the most part it is.

but really? dirty play on ice = slap on the wrist, but a comment about sloppy seconds = suspended indefinitely?

Dirty play is associated with the game. Generally the two players involved have egged each other on and in some way, shape or form warranted the dirty play towards or against each other. It takes two to tango.

The comments Avery made were disrespectful, un-provoked, OFF THE ICE, towards someone not affiliated with the NHL (Elisha Cuthbert), and uncalled for, primarily because he could’ve kept his mouth shut. Nobody egged him on, and in retalitation he said the things he said. He just came out of nowhere and said it.

Plus he’s a huge dickwad and nobody is going to miss the 1.1 goals he produces every 8 games.

Its not the first comment that he made. Making fun of someone’s ethnicity, making fun of someone’s cancer diagnosis, now this. Gotta put a lid on it

It’s not easy to control yourself on the ice, in the heat of the moment.

It’s sure as hell pretty easy to keep your mouth shut about a girl who you broke up with over a year ago. Especially to ESPN.

lol for a stupid reason to suspend someone. everyone says shit about there x gf’s especially in this case with them going from hockey player to hockey player. i remember being in locker rooms talking about kids gf’s/ex gf’s and people on the team now dating them after they broke up.

i was expecting something good, some tomahawk swing to the back of a guys leg or something.

fuck, the game of hockey needs him if anything. everyone playing now is a bunch of pussys. cant lay a finger on a person without getting a penalty. what happened to how hockey was. fights all the time, bench clearing brawls, you had to watch your back if you want into a corner due to being hit from behind and people getting away with it.

you place your stick on the other guys stick and you get 2 minutes for bull shit

The NHL is better now than it ever has been. Sorry we can’t turn on a Sabre’s game and see scene’s replicating “Slap Shot”.

If he said something in the locker room about it (which I’m sure he has) fine…however he blatantly went out and publicly disrespected people. He represents the NHL in those interviews.

Sorry that the only people who believe there should be more fighting in the NHL are people who can’t play hockey themselves. Anyone can go out and play like Andrew Peters and fight people. It’s the people like Crosby, Malkin, Gretzky, Jagr, Ovechkin, Bure etc. etc. that make the games fun to watch.

PS- If you want to see that bullshit, turn on a MMA fight.