Sean Avery suspended

WAT?
“I just want to comment on how it’s become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my sloppy seconds”
Looks to me like he was clearly addressing that to Phaneuf, not my sig. And there should be no place in the game for dirty play. Saying sloppy seconds doesn’t make the game any worse to watch. Hooking, slashing, diving, etc. does.

If this was a stand up guy, you guys would have very different opinions.

:tup: :tup: couldn’t have said it better myself

a stand up guy wouldn’t have said it lol

I completely agree if it was someone different it would not have been a suspension. He deserves to be off the ice for all the dirty shit he has done, not what he said. He did not attack or really slander anyone, he just carried the locker room talk outside.

A stand up guy, wouldn’t have made that statement. Seeing as they were playing later in the evening, he was looking to provoke Phanuef.

However:

Phanuef > Avery

It was probably for Avery’s safety that Bettman took him out.

Whens the last time a French person was involved in dog fighting, drive by, gun possession, drug possession, night club fights…

:lol:

NOW I SEE WHY HE SAID IT. HE GOT HIS ASS HANDED TO HIM YEARS AGO. YES!

http://www.nhl.com/features/photogallery/apr3/images/phaneuf_mar29.jpg

phaneuf is awesome :slight_smile:

sorry i grew up when my father was on the ice playing with actual real men playing the game. how many checks do you see now? defenseman can take a shot from the blue line and not even get touched, the guy should get put on his fucking ass for even trying to take a shot. instead the forward turns away and does shit. how come there is more and more bullshit rules about playing.

edit: go watch some old games from the 80s early 90s

IMO, the reason I agree with the suspension is this:

Avery walked over to the group and asked if there was a camera present. When told there was, he said, “I’m just going to say one thing.”

“I’m really happy to be back in Calgary; I love Canada,” the Ontario native said. “I just want to comment on how it’s become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my sloppy seconds. I don’t know what that’s about, but enjoy the game tonight.” He then walked out of the locker room.

He walked out and asked if there were cameras present. I see that as premeditated and uncalled for. And the people saying he’s only suspended because it’s Avery…maybe you’re right. Because no one else would be so scummy to go out and do that.

Avery’s a scumfuck anyways. who cares.

lol I personally found his comment kind of hilarious even though he’s a bit of a douche. It made sense to bench him so he didn’t get his head taken off in that game but suspension? Come on now…

Im still bugged by the winter classic last year when crosby walked through 2 defensemen flipping the puck on his stick like its the fucking harlem globetrotters. He should have had his ass put down as hard as possible, but no one is allowed to even breathe on him.

I’d have to disagree on this, there is just as much hitting as ever, just less dirty stuff and fighting. The overall level of skill for all players has improved so yeah you are going to see some more open plays overall but i’d have to agree with beck on this is probably the best hockey i’ve watched in my 16+ years of watching.

Avery is just pissed because Phaneuf is:

Younger
Was drafted top ten overall (Avery was never even drafted, infact he never played enough games in the red wings cup season to get his name engraved on the cup.)
as a defenseman scores 3 times as many goals as him being a forward
was voted by players the hardest hitting player in the nhl
goes to all star games
scored the longest empty net goal ever
and makes twice as much money as him

and now he’s banging his girlfriend who dumped HIM…and is all pissed about it.

dude, are you taking turns with elisha or something? damn you sweat him.

The winter classic was “The Sidney Crosby Show”. The NHL picked a Penguin’s game that was in a market that had the fans/weather to support an outdoor game.

It just so happened to be ours. The winter classic wasn’t held here because we are the best fans in the world and the Sabre’s are awesome…it was held here because Buffalo is the only market in the NHL that would sell out an outdoor game in ten minutes.

The NHL wanted to give Sid an outdoor game where he could show off, and get national attention for them. I love how he coincidentally scored the game winning goal in a shootout.

No, I just hate Avery. Thanks for implying that I would maybe, possibly, have sex with a guy though. :eekdance:

phaneuf wouldnt be the guy to transition to that route with. I imagine he’d be quite rough.

I wouldn’t need to transition. I already have. How do you think I got unbanned? :snky:

i honestly sit in my seat at sabres games getting pissed off because of the less and less amount of hits being thrown from year to year. a guy can walk in the slot and not be placed on his ass. guy can go to the net for a rebound and not be put on his ass. again a shot from the point and a forward turns away after the shot is taken. fuck that. place the guy on his ass and show him its not right for him to shoot the puck, so the next time he takes the shot, hes pressured a little harder making a bad shot and getting it off as quick as possible before getting hit again. no one is getting under players skins anymore and everyone can just walk around with the puck.