the NHL is fucking gay

i hope no one goes to their games ever again and they all go out of biz

fucking greedy people, and before people jump down my throat saying that oh they don’t get this or don’t get that.

they are supposedly making money for playing something they love. wtf is that? thats like me getting paid to work on pittspeed, i would do it every damn day of my life with a smile!

they will get what they want after awhile.

Fuck the NHL big league for fags who can hit and use there dicks as sticks! I think the league is worthless. Hell if it was me give me a stick and give me the league minimum. I’ll playa sport for like $500,000! They need to quit whining and suck it up…pussies(!)

you just :heart: teh :drama:

It’s all sports… fucking pro athletes think since they are good at a sport, they should be making millions of dollars. like whitey said, they should play for the love of the game and Maybe get paid like a doctors salary. maybe 100k a year.

not all players in the nhl are assholes. I acctually read the book on Lemieux: Over time and he gave the Pens leeway left and right as far as paying him. i think when he retired, they owed him still like 34 million out of his contract?

agree X100000000000000 bazillion.

This is exactly why I stopped watching baseball too back when I was in 8th grade. I;m tire dof sports people bitching about money because they can;t live with in their own finacial means. Fuck that…

yeah… look at how they waste money. left and right.

Here’s how you solve that:

Base Salary is the same for all players, everything else is incentive based on the position and what those players do. But you then also have to manage ticket pricing and vending costs as owners will find new ways to try to rake in the cash since they have a controllable expense in the players.

Base salaries = NHLPA lockout

will never happen

i love the NHL. im really pissed that there is no season right now. i was going to have a season ticket plan w/ bics this year, but we knew the lockout was coming. the players unwillingness to have any salary cap what-so-ever is ridiculous. the sports popularity doesnt compare w/ sports like NFL, so the players have no reason to want average salaries comparable to those sports and no cap on top of that (even the NFL has a cap). but its not all the players fault…there is so much wrong w/ the way the NHL has been run, they almost brought this on them selves. one of my biggest complaints is the marketing. for example, NBA. who doesnt know about Lebron James or Carmello?? noone, because NBA markets their new talents. and NFl, w/ Vick or Eli. but look at what the NHL couldve done w/ Fleury. hes gonna be a great and noone that doesnt follow hockey knows him at all. This upcoming draft, a kid named Sidney Crosby is going to go #1 and he is supposed to be the next big talent. if the NHL was smart they would market that and make their players house-hold names. but for whatever reason, they dont.

im not a big fan of the NFL but it’s all in what you like I never grew up around hockey at all. And pro athletes get paid to much. If I got to play a sport that I loved and get paid for it, then I’d be glad to do it for 100k a year thats enough to have nice things and home, dont need 50.5 million a year( A Rod )

NHL is upper class :smiley:

also the NHL is a ver hard league to get into with TONS of competition.

Teams roster like 20 or so players for 26 teams.

fuck the nhl and fuck pittsburgh for wanting to shut down transit and shit to pay for a new staduim for the penguins… i hate this town

no matter how important we think it is. sports are secondary for the survival of this city.

x2

back to back stanleys (I KNOW it was awhile ago, but so was it when the pirates where good) baby I love the pens…

hell yeah. i got my 70s retro Pens jersey on today (the blue one). i still represend during the lockout :beer:

lockout = drunken fun in wheeling watchin the nailers

never pee into the wind, just a piece of information people shoud know about life!
and dont be a fool wrap your tool!

hahaa yeah! if anyone wants to go to a wheeling or Wilkes-barre game…definatley let me know.