Plz help.My VRZ phone says "car kit" and none is hooked up

Is there anyway to bypass this?It’s a lg 8300.I’ve never even had a headset for it.I think some dirt got into it or some,But I just thought I did drop it in the snow tonight.Maybe some water got into the headset port?
I have no sounds at all obviously.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
D

Taken from a quick google search:

When it goes in car kit mode you hold down the * button and its going to vibrate and then your phone should go back to normal. i had taken it to the verizon store and thats how they fixed mine.

LOL held the * down for about 30 seconds nothing.Tried the # button and now the phone is locked and I never set a passcode for it.
D

Ok another thread found this:

Originally Posted by Jenn5838
I have an urgent question. I dropped my LG phone down the garbage disposal, and now the display says “Car Kit”. I don’t know what this feature is, and I cannot remove it. When I make or receive calls, I cannot hear anything. Can someone please tell me how to remove this?

Welcome to WA Jenn. I found a suggestion on this site that may help resolve your problem. http://forums.mobiledia.com/topic19157-0-asc-70.html

The inability to turn off the Car Kit on your LG handset is a sign that the phone was exposed to and damaged by liquid.

There are some pins in your LG handsets connector port that you could try to short out in order to turn the Car Kit off.
Using a small screw driver or other small sharp object, touch a few of the pins on the far right side of the port. After doing this a few times, the Car Kit mode should turn off for you… Hope this helps.

One other site: http://www.digitaldad.com/digitaldad...r_kit_phe.html

1. Take the battery out.

2. Look into the charging connector port on the phone. Make sure theKeypad/flipcover is facing up.

3. Look into the port and at the connector pins on the right hand side. On my vx3200 the two pins on the right were touching. It seems some lint from my pocket got stuck in the connector and pushed them together. I used a needle to remove the lint, and then used it again to gently move the extreme right hand pin away from the pin it was touching.

4. Problem went away.

BTW, Verizon technical support was of no use, they basicly told me that the phone got wet, and I needed to buy a new one. Shows you how much they know.

car kit on lg vzw phone = water damage

you work customer support. could you imagin trying to explain how to do that to your typical caller?:deadhorse2:

will the above work mr Evolve?
D

Thank god I’m limited to network issues now, and rarely have to speak to people anymore. Trying to explain some procedures to people was almost worthy of the “up the river dance” jesus.

how do I unlock it first?

unlock will auto be the last 4 of the phone #
Also as Evolve said, that = water damage. However if you are still within the warranty it should be swapped out for you no questions asked as there is no proof it was caused by any form of water damage.

TY for the unlock and the phone is over a yr old.I guess I should send my pics to wifeys phone and get a new one
D

you can try cleaning the bottom port with some rubbing alcohol and a toothbrush. be gentle. maybe 30 seconds sould be ok. then blow it out with some canned air.

ive had some luck with that procedure before. if it still doesnt work after that, man up mr. zr1 ( :wink: ) and buy a new phone

soft reset

same thing happened to my 8300 after i dropped it in a puddle…bought an enV yesterday

^ did this to my old phone… but a couple months later the charger port just fell out

my 8600 survived going through the wash and these can’t take being dropped in the snow? Phones are way too fragile, they should be able to take a little water exposure, too much emphasis on stupid new features and not enough on making the thing function reliably.

weeeeee.My friend just told me to put it on a heater for awhile.I put it on my defroster in the car,turned it full blast for about 10 mins and turned it back on and it worked!!!1The phone was so hot I could barely touch it.but it worked and all seems fine still.
D

dont be suprised if you have problems in the future.