PMP Group Buy on F-Body Strange S60 rearend

Group Buy price $2050.00

Why a Dana S60?

Bolt-in to a 3d/4th gen F-bod
Stronger than a 12-bolt or a 9"; ring gear sizes- 12-bolt=8.875", 9"=9"duh, S60=9.75" the S60 standard gears are good for 1200 rear wheel HP!
True trac or Power-lock standard
35 spline axles
Chrome Cover
3 or 4 channel ABS
gear ratios - 3.54, 3.73, 4.10, 4.30
weight w/brakes—12-bolt=190 lbs, 9"=205 lbs, S60=215 lbs.
Dyno Tested! your rearend will be run on a dyno to break it in, you will get it ready to run!

Brakes: The 93-97 brake caliper brackets are included, if you have LS1 brakes, Strange wants your backing plates sent to them before your rear is built.

ABS: 3-channel setup is built in, 4-channel will need your reluctor rings. There are 3 ways of doing this; send in your axles to have them pressed off, buy new reluctor rings for $70, or we can press the off your axles.

Spool: several spools are available, price will be less than a posi, let us know what your needs are.

Shipping: To save on shipping, we will have them all shipped to PM Performance. You can pick up here, or have it installed here. Depending on how many are ordered we should be able to hold shipping to $150.00 max, maybe less.
We are also looking into installing the backing plates/reluctor rings here after the rearends arrive.

Strange Dana S60 $2050.00

Driveshaft: you will need to shorten your driveshaft 1 5/8" from stock, or just buy a new one. If you are buying this then a stock driveshaft WILL be your weakest link. Strange offers driveshafts as well
Strange U1699 driveshaft 3"x.083" DOM chrome moly driveshaft with H.D. U-joints, Strange Heavy Duty Yoke(primarily street use) $210
Strange U1702driveshaft 3"x.083" Seamless DOM chrome moly driveshaft with H.D. U-joints, Forged Strange Yoke(Street/Strip Use) $290
Strange U1700 driveshaft 3"x.083" Seamless chrome moly driveshaft with High Imp. U-Joints, Strange Ultra Solid U-joints (Serious Drage Racing)$330

This Group Buy will need a min of 5 rearends ordered for these prices to be valid, and we are looking to place the order on Monday, March 5th. Since Strange builds each rear as a custom piece,(no off-the-shelf units)it takes about 4 weeks from the order date to get it in. This way, we can get the rearends in the first week of april.

Payment: Since Strange will be building each rear custom, Payment will be needed when ordered. We will cover shipping until they arrive.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/nytrus1/StrangeS602.jpg

No thanks.

God I wish this was 6 months from now… I’m going to need one of these then…

nice piece

I forsee alot of hard 10 bolts getting beaten into the ground during March.

:tup: Paul & Mark

mmmmmmmmmmmmm…

[quote=“K.A.T.,post:6,topic:24628"”]

mmmmmmmmmmmmm…

[/quote]

this kids prolly still runing a 273 10 bolt shes gona go pop. you in fredonia posting from his hot sisters computer jk

wtf im so drunk

cant wait to see this car

woot!! i will be able to go to the track :smiley:

i dunno i would have to go 9’’ with a spool how much for that?

[quote=“K.A.T.,post:9,topic:24628"”]

[/quote]

kat when you coming down to fred again

[quote=“strokingnova,post:10,topic:24628"”]

kat when you coming down to fred again

[/quote]

i dunno maybe tommarow but i dunno its up in the air still.

[quote=“K.A.T.,post:9,topic:24628"”]

[/quote]

dana 60 is stronger then a 9"

[quote=“jeeves744,post:12,topic:24628"”]

dana 60 is stronger then a 9"

[/quote]

true maybe ill got that route, but who knows, its coming down to the question of do a full tub and tuck on the car or buy a bike. i dont know what to do.

bike it

[quote=“strokingnova,post:14,topic:24628"”]

bike it

[/quote]

yea i was going to make a poll about it on here but this is a car forum so i figure the votes would be swayed.

Paul, if I just want to run a 12 bolt with a spool, which way would be more cost effective. Buy the Dana or do the 12 bolt set-up. Also with my tax return I should be able to get this done this year, maybe. Also would more buyers = an even lower price?

1. joelster
  2. psychopjv
  3. jeeves

quick summary:

strength Dana60>9 inch>12-bolt
weight Dana60>9 inch>12-bolt
HP Draw 9 inch>12-bolt>Dana60

[quote=“joelster,post:17,topic:24628"”]

1. joelster
  2. psychopjv
  3. jeeves

quick summary:

strength Dana60>9 inch>12-bolt
weight Dana60>9 inch>12-bolt
HP Draw 9 inch>12-bolt>Dana60

[/quote]

How does the Dana60 have less HP draw…If the ring gear and parts are stronger and weigh more…

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:18,topic:24628"”]

How does the Dana60 have less HP draw…If the ring gear and parts are stronger and weigh more…

[/quote]

ring gear to pinion relationship; there’s less parasitic losses in the location of the pinion on the ring gear; the 9" actually has a LOT of losses due to this in comparison to the 12-bolt or Dana.

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:18,topic:24628"”]

[/quote]

An easy way to explain it is like this:

Draw a circle on a piece of paper. This will be the ring gear. Now lay your pen down as if it were the driveshaft/pinion gear, and have the edge of the pen touch the ring gear. IDEALLY, you would want the pinion gear to engage the ring gear at the middle of the ring gear, at the 3 o’clock position. No rear-ends are like this. The 9" pinion gear engages way below, think 4-5 o’clock position, and the 12-bolt is like 4 o’clock position. The Dana60 engages the highest and the physics involved (friction losses) are why it’s less of a draw.