POAL: who can drive a manual WELL?

I can drive a stick better than an automatic. In an auto car I play with the gas pedal too much so it’s always changing gears. No joke. I suck.

for me its the opposite. having the manual i stay awake for my drive home. with the auto beater for the winter i find myself struggling to keep my eyes open.

i LOVE LOVE LOVE manual. im pretty damn good at driving upshifting/downshifting/rev matching and launching. ive just recently started attempting heel/toe and left foot braking. not quite comfortable yet, but i might try autocross this summer and take the beginner course to get aquainted.

word. i have the same damn problem. my gf hates when i drive her focus because of the gas milage it gets. stupid thing is constantly changing gears.

i have a problem with my car, but that’s just because the clutch feels like a damn pickup truck.

most cars i drive very well. But I have to be trying to drive my car smoothly.

i have problems with autos, in that i start to lift off just before the auto decides to shift. it gets annoying.

i dont do the traditional sytle heel toe with my cav.
the pedals are close anough that i can use the ball of my foot.
left side for the brake and right side to hit teh gas.

i’m still not as smooth as i would like in my shifting, but its a cavalier…
so its probably mostly the car… :lol:

Manual is all I drive.

when i wear work boots, im usually dont drive the car smooth… hehehe

slipping the iron disk is fun :pimp:

when i change shoes my driving suffers for the first few minutes bacause of sole thickness. When my foot is in the same place in 2 different shoes the clutch is in 2 different positions.

lol iron disk are fun.

whenever I drive my fiances car i always go for the clutch and it never seems to be there…

Jeeeeeeeez, talk about going for the balls

how did i not see this…

wow… bitch :stuck_out_tongue:

HAHAH badass? HJAHAHA

yea… real man right there :lol: :slight_smile:

id like to think im pretty good at it, but its been a while since ive owned a car with a manual. I would like to have another, and prefer it over auto. HOWEVER, having owned one car that was stick and one pickup truck that was stick, i would NEVER want another stick truck again. just seemed like a pain in the ass to me. only thing about the Porsche that made me wish it was an auto was the fact that it had no cup holders…

but in general, stick >>>> auto

I hate driving autotragic…I get bored. Shoes do matter in my smoothness. Highheels FTW :slight_smile: I seriously can’t drive stick in sneakers very well.

Ever tried towing a 10,000 lb. trailer around on the hills out here in the southtowns? I never need the ebrake to help me get the truck/trailer moving. And I do 90% of my towing with a 1970 F-350 dually stakebed (that weighs 8500lbs by itself) with no power brakes or power steering. I really don’t see what the issue is. Try doing this regularly with an auto and kiss the TC or clutchpacks goodbye. Standard 4L

:word:, I did the same thing. And I had another car which was auto for my DD and I’m selling that for a manual DD as well.

You pretty much HAVE to let the clutch out a bit to hold the car right before releasting the brakes so you don’t roll back. Or use the e-brake, but you’re not gonna burn the clutch just letting it out to hold the car for an instant.

“I got another stick for you to drive :P”

I prefer standard to automatic.

i can rock sox driving manual.

unfortunately my saab is ahh-toe. blah. new car soon.

yeah i definitely do that too.
sigh.
driving stick > auto.
i feel weird when driving auto.

Same here. Heel and toeing on the track = no problem. Driving the Jetta in traffic = a lil jerky. Figures…