Point me in the right direction of used handgun stores.

Yeah, but I don’t like double stack 45’s. The slim Hawgs are more my taste but they are the same as my Kimber so no point in buying one :P.

i deal with gunrunner in canonsburg

90% sure I’m getting a SIG P225. Will update when I know more.

Get the 250.

I LOVE my Sig P239 .40, I also have the .357sig barrel for it. Its compact, solid, and accurate.

Sig > Glock IMO

90% sure I’m getting a SIG P225. Will update when I know more.

Smart man. Sig’s are awesome guns.

Sig > Glock IMO

I feel very, very confident in both. In my opinion, they’re really about equal as far as being the best values in dead nuts reliable, accurate, durable, overall excellent handguns…of course everyone has their own personal preference. I wouldn’t feel shorted armed with either.

i have a glock 29 for carry… sub compact 6+1 .45gap fire… decent gun.

x2… I just like the fact that the sig is all metal… feels more solid.

There are lots of shops around, don’t be shy, they’ll let you handle the guns pretty much everywhere. Also try A&S just outside New Stanton, some stuff is overpriced, other stuff is not. They gave me great value on my trade-in.

Online is awesome for selection and prices, but you’ll end up with some costs having it shipped to a local FFL and paying their fees, just make sure you compare correctly.

Some states (unlike PA) do not require FFLs or registration to buy handguns. If you’re not in a hurry, try to buy in one of those states if you happen to be there anyway.

The S&W Scandium revolvers are awesome, but a bit pricier than your range. You could pick up an airweight (alum frame) S&W near your range.

One more thing…nearly every major MFG makes a 1911 clone…draw your own conclusion there.

Butler sportsman supply usually has a nice selection.

What did u end up getting?

Nothing yet, been pretty busy. I need to go to Anthony Arms and ask about some fees with getting a SIG from a Web site sent to them.

When you go there to ask about the fees, tell them you would rather buy the gun off of them if they could match the price… they might just do it… but if not, I would find someone else thats not going to rape you on an FFL fee.

Mark has a great point … Give it a try!

If you buy a gun from GB and have it shipped to your FFL, the charge will be around $40.00 for the changeover fee. I just did this with 2 shotguns. I called around too. They were all $40.00. Your FFL needs to fax a signed copy of their licence to the seller, the seller ships to your FFL, Then of course the background check and the PA register of a handgun.

I carry a Colt New Agent .45acp :slight_smile: and sometime a S&W model 36 snub nose .38
Good luck on your new firearm purchase.

Thanks for the heads-up, Tom.

I got an internship and have been running around for the paperwork on that, and am sick, and between this and that I haven’t even made time to make any phone calls :bash: