points on liscense are wrong, what to do?

i took a reduction on a speeding ticket i got last year, but i was looking at my driving record and they have me down for 79 in a 55 and the 6 pts to go along with it, it was reduced to 65 in a 55 and should have the 3 pts but its not on there, i tried checking the dmv site on what to do but it doesnt really say. Anybody have this happen to them?

they don’t remove points in NY for going to class.

when you take the class you are allowed to get more points before you are suspended.

it’s a little bit of a trick…

edit: I read it wrong… good luck with that one - I would just call the DMV and see what they say.

Probably going to have to go back to the court and get some sort of official proof it was reduced, then spend a half a day standing around going from line to line at the DMV trying to get it fixed.

Then spend a couple hours getting bounced from 800 number to 800 number with your insurance trying to get them to accept the proof that you have less points.

Should be a good time.

Pauly would probably have a more definitive answer.

That sucks, sorry to hear. I usually have tons of info on these subjects but this has never happened to me thankfully. If it were me I would go back to the court you got the ticket in and ask what happened, then they should be able to tell you how to pursue it with the DMV.

First off you dont want to deal with erie county auto bureau on this(ex. george urban). You need a state office. Buffalo TVB in ellicott sq on 3rd floor is who you want to deal with. I’m already home so i dont have a number for you. I think i’ll be in my office tomorrow and i’m sure i can find a number. PM me a way to get ahold of you like email or # and i’ll see what i can do.

pm sent, thanks

PM’d back with info

Looks like its getting taken care of, i talked to the court today and it looks like the dmv messed up but its getting corrected. Thanks a bunch Pauly, :tup:

lucky guy! sounds almost too easy.