license & points questions.

ok, i have 10 points, and my insurance is ridiculous, anything i can do? to either, drope points or lower my insurance??? im paying almost 2500 a year for liability.

wow so u owed the state 500 dollars. just get the other point and lose your license already.you under achiever. u can take a point reduction class but ur insurance will still be redic. wow u are the lose in court.

so im fucked?

yea

take the schooling for 2 points off i believe you can do this every year untill there gone but after 3years and 3 months they should be gone anyways and second thing you need to do is drive nicely

18 months points dissapear of ur license starting at the day of the ticket not the day of court. its up to 36-48 months for insurance companys to take the points off there records. hey i learned my lesson i had 29 tickets in 2 years i only had 6 points on my klicense. but i have to pay 100 dollars a year for three years. . plus 25 dollars per point after that.did u get that notice in the mail yet? because there going to fuck u in the butt with that

did you use a lawyer? or just get lucky in court.

I had 15 points on my license 4 years ago, and now I’m clean. It still shows up on your history report, but it’s still shitty for my insurance 2k/year for full coverage.

Man up, deal with it. If you take a point reduction class it will give you 10% off however you won’t lose points because the 4 points they claim to take off only is effective if you at the NYS max of 11 points.

Never heard of that.

I know the insurance course that offers 4 points off only gives em to you if you hit 11 points. More info on that schooling you speak of?

well ive come up with a gameplan, im going to purposely get 1 more point, take the reduction so that i only have 7 points. then ill just wait for them to go away.

When were your last points? Take the reduction because 10% is 10%. Also search around I found that Geico for me is outrageous however progressive is a bit smoother. I am currently back on my parents insurance due to how costly it is for me alone. So until 25 that’s my game plan.

wtf? what if they give you two points? what if the judge is feeling generous and just charges you a lot of money and no points?

that could be the worst plan ever.

I never heard of the having to have 11 to get points taken off… never… Infact I was at 9 points, facing a 3 point ticket (and 3rd speeding ticket in 18 months); and my lawyer told me to take the point reduction class THEN before the court date to get the 3 points taken off; then the judge basically just made me pay to keep my license and not add any more points.

I thought the classes were only 3 points, not 4 ??

its up to 4 points, idk how they determine exactly what amount they take off, but i believe thats the official amount

Gotcha, when I was struggling with my points they told me you had to be at the 11 point limit (this was the courts speaking) for the points to be removed and then they still could deny you any points pending the charges your points were for.

Now that I think about it most of my points were from failure of the dmv to notify me of stuff. Assholes!

yea you dont have to have 11, ive taken 3 courses, and i still have about 9 points. but i got my license supsended anyway because i had 3 speeding tickets in 18 months (couldnt get any one of them reduced, even with a lwayer for one of em…small college towns ftl)

small college towns = my home town = ftl big time

you did this to yourself… stop driving retarded and things would not happen like this…

take the class to get 3 points off it might lower insurace a tad

thats what hamburg told me when i got busted going 88 in a 50 they mandated that i go to the 6 hour drivng course that was good for removing 2 points off your license aswell as giving you a discount on your insurance. now the amount off depends on the insurance company for me all state was 15% and for progressive it was 10% i had 2 points on my license for that ticket and after that class i have zero they dont show up on my dmv record either. also an insurance company is only allowed to charge you for accidents or tickets up to 3 years 3 months. HOWEVER geico can charge you up to five years ago

one time i used a lawyer but i had 13 points in one stop(trust me the cop was pissed and going writing happy)