Poker Interest, Texas Hold'em

I know there was a thread on here before about trying to start a poker game. Something like this is hard to setup, because if people back out, it can get to a point that it needs to be canceled.

I figured why not give it a try… if it fails, it fails… if not we might have a good poker night.

1st, we have to decide on a game / games. I would also like a min of 20 people. I can bring at least 5 I would say. As far as dealers goes… if we can get more than 2 tables going, I can get a few dealers from Wheeling to come up and deal the game… (at least they said they would), if that fails, I can get 2 or 3 dealers together (not offical like wheeling, but they know their shit)

I am not interested in tournaments or limit poker.

Games would be as following:

$1/$2 No Limit - Minimum buy-in $75, max $200
$2/$5 No Limit - Minimum buy-in $200, max $500
$5/$10 No Limit - Minimum buy-in $500, max $1500

Like I said this is an interest only thread… I have a place to play, if that fails… we can play in one of the shops… more than enough room and its warm. If not, we can have it on a Sunday, the local fire hall has a pretty big tournament and all the side tables mentioned above right up the road from me.

A $5-$10 is hard to get started, but its serious poker, would be nice to have a game without all the locals at Wheeling plus if we have it here, there would be NO rake!

Any thoughts?

Well, wouldn’t the rake go for dealer fees? Or just the standard tip?

Anyways, a 1-2/2-5 game works for me. I think 1-2 would get more people, though.

Like you said, the 5-10 is tough, and even though I’d actually like to play it, I need to manage my “poker bankroll.” I’ll be entering a WSOP Circuit Event in March in Atlantic City ($300 buy in) and I have other things around to pay, so a lower buy-in would make me happy, anyways :love:

No… standard tip would go to the dealers… if you have a rake box and PA’s finest decided to show up, then your in trouble… no rake = legal.

The thing about 5-10, is your hand is respected a lot more… there is basically no sucking out… well I shouldnt say there is no sucking out, but its a hell of a lot less than 1/2 or 2/5. If you have a good night, there is no reason you shouldnt be able to walk away with 2k plus with a $500 buy in. $500 buy in at 10 people is $5000 on the table… and thats at min buy in… down at wheeling when they start the 5-10 there is $15,000 on the table… one night some guy had $26,000 in front of him alone… it gets crazy. Hence why I think if this happens we will only proably see $2-$5.

Play the 2-5 like a 5-10 and just raise to 30 bones then :smiley:

Regardless, I’m pretty much down for whatever.

or a 2-5- mandatory $10 straddle :slight_smile:

It dosen’t matter anyways, I dont think we can get a game together on here anways, just figured what the hell, why not try?

Yea, I hear ya.

We could do heads up? :rofl:

I made like 130 bucks in a hand of 1-2 in Niagara Falls last weekend because of a straddle. Someone bumped it, and I was dealt AA. I reraised, and got a caller. Flop was 5 5 6, two spades. He pushed all in, I called. He had the flush draw, and the aces held up. I couldn’t put him on a real hand, because if he was holding something like 66, or maybe A5, I can’t imagine why he would push so hard off the bat.

No relevance to thread, just felt like sharing :slight_smile:

i’ll play as long as it’s a saturday or sunday, i can’t play during the week. also why do we need dealers for 5-10. why not just play the dealer button, and each person is the dealer, rather than having people coming in all the way from wheeling. Not being a dick just a question unless your trying to make this a legit tournament by WPS standards or somthing.

Well it would be a cash game, not a tournament. $5-$10 is a serious game, its not a joke, with a minimum buy in of $500 to $1500 times 10 people would be a min of $5000 to $15000 on the table and thats just when the game starts… so with that said… do you want everyone to deal with themselves? You can win / loose a lot of money in that game. I dont want everyone dealing.

ill play just let me know when

Your right, everyone dealing can cause confusion and is more prone to mistakes, it is neccesary to have a dealer, even in a 1/2 game IMO.

If I wasn’t so poor, I’d love to play.

I might make another run down to Mountaineer tomorrow or Saturday if anyone wants to go (I’ve been trying to go a few times a week.)

I was down there last week playing craps after I busted out in 2/5, lost there, lost at craps, then won my money back playing blackjack.

I’m out for a cash games, but I’d be down for a $20 or $50 buyin tournament.

cash game only vag :slap: , buck up and buy in for $500!

I doubt this game will ever happen, not enough people anyways.

Me you and darkstar :grouphug:

I’m tired of driving down there as much as I do, let’s get some local games going.

Anyone want to make a group trip to Mountaineer/Wheeling?

i hate cash games. Unfair advantage to people that can stand to lose the money. Puts me off my game. Tournament play is much more fun.

Thats your view and your entitled to it… you should be thinking… a cash game is better because you can win MORE money… not loose more money. Just pretend its a $100 tournament if your playing 1/2 and if you loose, your out… just like a tourney.

Even with that said, if you read the 1st post, it said not interested in tournaments

basically because they are for pussys. Playing $2/$5 for 3-4 hours and make over $1500+… or play in a tournament for like 8+ hours to win the same amount of money is stupid IMO.

High Stakes Poker > WSOP

hey man, my welfare check only goes so far. Not everyone is so baller. :finger:

I think its fair to say you make more money than I do!