Police Brutality in Braddock

Thats not a fair judgement. I agree with a lot of things you say…but I cant agree with this one.

I know a lot of cops, ems, firemen, jail guards, ect. Granted some of them do dumb shit and take that badge to a different level but when ever I need something they are right there for me.

I support them even if they do a few crooked things. Im not perfect, and neither are they.

I belong to Pitcarin #2 fire dept. You wanna see some messed up things, go to that town! lol

Logix…I understand your point on Braddock and N. Braddock. I have 2 friends that live in N. Braddock. One of them, if you step into their house you would never even know you were in N. Braddock til you step out of the house.

My ex fiance worked in the Plantscape building off of Braddock ave…I hated going down there…lil white girl, shit I wouldnt last 2 min down there alone. It made me sad everytime I drove down that road thinking about what that street actually looked like when my Grandparents were kids and their parents worked in that same mill…I wont lie, Braddock wouldnt be standing on its last limb if that plant wasnt still there. I feel bad for the fire dept thats right there on the out skirts of that plant too…the things they see, Im not sure I could even imagine.
But same follows for E. Carson Street where my Gram grew up. When I take her to visit my Aunt on saw mill run…theres always tears in her eyes bc of what that stretch used to be like. Even driving through Wilkensburg…That “neghborhood” was the ritz of Pittsburgh…but you would never know by the looks of it.

I also have a good friend whos parents and Grandparetns still live in Rankin. In the same house they grew up in, with the same ugly color paint on the same plaster walls holding it up. They still go to the old italion club and play poker sat nights, still go to the same church, and the same markets around the corner for milk. Its not always a bad neighborhood…when your neighbors are good people…so please watch your mouth when you call areas like this “all trash”. You tend to only see what you wanna see.

Granted would i choose to live there? Probably not. Pitcairns only good above 6th st, N. braddock has its areas and so does Rankin. And so does any other place in this city. I dont care where you go…theres always going to be “trash”, and always going to be crooked cops. No matter where you live.