Pontiac Grand Prix GXP??

So does anyone have one of these yet? I knew absolutely nothing about these!! What motor is in them? Is it an LSx motor? I was driving on transit today and a GP pulled up next to me, got on it a little and it sounded big. I did a head twist and saw the V8 badge! My domestic heart got giddy

Well, anyways. These cars are hot looking and if they have an LSx motor, It might be the only new car I like.

My close friend has one. I drive it once in a while. Its a 8 and its damn quick. Shifts at 6 grand and pulls hard.

Heads up display. Integrated XM radio. Nice car

Doh!
LS4 motor 303 hp and 323 ft·lb
front wheel drive = sad matter

Yeah, I think the FWD V8 is retarded…and thats coming from the S/C’ed GP owner…lol

its gay

Yep - 5.3L LS4. FWD too - though the front tires are staggered (255 front, 225 rear - as opposed to the Impala/Monte Carlo SS which are even all around). If you want one, be quick. It’ll go away once the G8 gets up to speed.

Its a 300HP you can actually drive in the snow and not die

Its only bad if you plan on going to the drag strip,I don’t see any reasons why it would be a bad daily driver.

Might actually hook up decently with all the weight up front and if it had a LSD.

[quote=“13005TEDGP,post:4,topic:30717"”]

Yeah, I think the FWD V8 is retarded…and thats coming from the S/C’ed GP owner…lol

[/quote]

Yaa, just more of the same old GM crap.

[quote=“Violator,post:7,topic:30717"”]

[/quote]

thats why man invented awd

[quote=“Violator,post:7,topic:30717"”]

[/quote]

so are the evo and sti … just cuz its FWD does not mean its good in the snow… with that much low end torque and big wide tires the thing is probably a PITA to drive in the snwo

AWD car, powered by a LS* engine would be great.

… with that much low end torque and big wide tires the thing is probably a PITA to drive in the snwo

lol…I remember being stuck in my driveway, I blocked the boost bypass valve so it wouldnt get boost. It helped enough to get the car out.

snow tires

[quote=“Violator,post:2,topic:30717"”]

My close friend has one. I drive it once in a while. Its a 8 and its damn quick. Shifts at 6 grand and pulls hard.

Heads up display. Integrated XM radio. Nice car

[/quote]

i have an 05 GTP and i also have the heads up and xm radio… they are options for the GT GTP and GXP

ive driven one of the gxp’s… thought it was pretty nice.

[quote=“13005TEDGP,post:12,topic:30717"”]

AWD car, powered by a LS* engine would be great.

[/quote]

there is a evo with a blown LS1 in it putting down 1400whp lol

i’d just run some 205 snows up front for winter it’d be fine…i’d rock it for sure

[quote=“Viper966,post:11,topic:30717"”]

so are the evo and sti … just cuz its FWD does not mean its good in the snow… with that much low end torque and big wide tires the thing is probably a PITA to drive in the snwo

[/quote]

I have driven it in the snow. Its not bad. It has traction control and ABS.

Reverse Stagger FTL.

That just sounds lame.

I like the limited older style Grand Prix GTX