Poor financial decisions: sometimes, are the best ones.

Decided that motorcycles aren’t that much fun in a flat and boring state. (I’ll always have a bike, but a fun sport bike seems pointless down here. Not to mention, wheelie tickets start at $1100+)

So, I decided it was time to move my fun to the water.

Step one. Sell BMW, Buy Truck.
Step two. Make post about tinting tail lights too dark.
Step three. Find boat.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]23986[/ATTACH]

Step four. back it into your garage door. (then bang out door and stare in disgust all night at the dent and hole)

Step five. Wake up in the morning and get out on the water.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]23987[/ATTACH]

As of right now, I’m in love. Best decision in a while. My wallets hurting from taking it out, estimated taxes for the business, etc… I’ll register it, insure it, and buy seatow which will probably hurt even more.

She’s a 2002 Solara, 22 ft with 320 hp. Tops out around 56 mph, has an FI Volvo penta in her with 240 hours, and rides amazingly in the water.

Only notable things wrong that I can see is, none of the switches are labeled so I really need to dig into that. The night lights (red/green/white) don’t seem to work and the bulbs look to be fine, the tach doesnt work either, a couple tears in the vinyl, and all new speakers were ordered on day one.

Other than that, my first sea trial went very well IMO. It’s been a long time since I’ve backed a boat in and most of the time they were 15 ft whalers. I am terrified of wrecking this thing, the hull looks so pretty.

Breetime, get down here and weld me up a captains choice exhaust please.

Nice man, pics of garage door damage? :slight_smile:

My first time boating experience with my buddy and his dad. They forgot to lock the winch, it slides off the trailer onto the concrete at Crawdaddy’s launch in front of the dinner crowd. I had the tether rope duties and thought it was my job to hold onto the boat. Almost dragged me in with it.

Door damage doesn’t look to bad now. Just makes me sick. My driveway is much smaller than I thought.

Sounds like your first day went far worse than mine. Lol (well his first day) lol

Not my boat. Still went out on the lake…after he stopped shaking.

I picked up a 18 foot wellcraft last month. More as a project. Can’t wait to get it into the water. Should be another 3 or 4 weeks. :slight_smile:

Pics of progress?

Boats are awesome! Even though they’re a hole in the water that you throw money into!

currently its missing 1/2 of the floor and has a frozen Alt, and Zero interior. Just a shell. But it was picked up for 250 with a nice trailer. Boat is in Akron at a friends.

My favorite day in a friendship…when a friend buys a boat. I’ll bring the beers!!

Coincidentally, my favorite day is when Jonnyb comes and hangs… With beers (and ben)

Nice purchase! Even cooler color choice of night lights on it! :tup:

Good stuff, Will!

does that thing have side view mirrors ??

make sure you flush out all that shitty fucking salt water when your done for the day

never look back!!!

Your life has just gotten that much better…

Phenomenal dude. Boat looks great. Many great days ahead of you with that. It looks like the perfect boat to bang around the coast in.

:tup:

Very nice…if our season was year-round like yours, I’d go for it too

:tup:

That’s a nice boat. Enjoy it!

Nice pick up. For anything you want to buy, people will always say it is a bad investment. Do what makes you happy while you are young is my thought.