Serious business.

“Do you folks have a towel?”

It’s going to be funny when they walk all over the fiats this year

I’d rock it in the winter

x2

I want a drink button.

If I could afford it, I would…

:slight_smile:

On topic though, Fiat is a main competitor to this?? I haven’t done my HW so this question is based purely off that post but what kind of numbers are Fiats throwing down in comparison to this?

It’s a jab at Ferrari and the 430, Fiat owns something like 56% of Ferrari. Pretty common knowledge on the racing forum I am on, I forgot that most people wouldn’t understand it.:slight_smile:

I’m really curious as to what the motor does unrestricted. 4L with a 9400rpm limit and some aggressive cams/management? I know the OLD 996RSR’s did 450whp unrestricted, and Brumos was claiming over 560whp with the last gen RSR unrestricted when they were doing some testing in Mexico. (Maybe Mexican HP are different than normal ones). Still a good evolution, interesting to see them adding Air Conditioning back into the race cars.

For those of you interested in purchase prices, here’s the last list I saw:

Water-based paint • Exterior: carrara white B9A • Interior: white filler coat, no clear-coat finish
Vehicle Base Price**:
US$415,000 - including heated windshield - including new air-conditioning system - including Bosch memory kit - including thermostat needed for long-distance kit
Required Extra Feature 1
Lighting Package:
US$5,600 Required to run in ALMS events; consists of:
• Main headlight Xenon • Additional headlight • Lighting of the starting number • Lighting of the cockpit
Required Extra Feature 2
Long-Distance Oil Tank and Pipe:
US$10,300 (ballpark price only)
Required to run in ALMS events (races longer than 4 hours)
• Additional part and exact price will be available in approx. January 09
• Teams will handle installation of oil tank
• Long-distance thermostat included in base price
Option 1 –
Bosch Memory Darab License:
US$5,100
• Teams have the option to select this feature
• Not required for each car purchased (i.e. 1 license per team)
Deposit:
$175,000 (non-refundable) due upon signing contract
Estimated Pickup Date from Germany:
Between January – February 2009; subject to change, depending on the factory’s production schedule; delivery to the U.S. depends on customs and transportation processing by Kroll USA.
Importation/Transport:
US$33,000 (ballpark only)
• Costs are all inclusive – factory to airport destination • GT3 RSRs have to be transported via the more expensive “main deck” as a
result of the wider/longer measurements • All new race cars will be transported by air; import and transport costs are
the responsibility of the customers. These costs will be charged to the
customers directly by the Porsche logistics company, Kroll USA (Michael
Knauthe).
**The prices listed are f.o.b. Stuttgart, Germany plus California Sales Tax (if applicable).

Supposedly the RSR is about 1/3 to 1/2 of the cost of some of the alternatives (M3 GTR, Vette, 430, etc). I’ve also heard from certain people that they’ve picked RSR’s up at the factory on dealer plates, taken them down the autobahn and loaded them into trucks and containered them back to avoid the $33k~ shipping fee from Porsche/lufthansa. The real deals are to be had on '09 cup cars right now, supposedly they’ve sold less than 15 of the 60 US allocations.

and back home !!!