Porsche GT2 too slow for you? how about a GT2RS

YES PLEASE!!! 620HP, 200lbs lighter.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2010/05/gt-rs-2630.jpg

We don’t have much in the way of details, but a singular shot snapped at a dealer event yesterday shows that the baddest Porsche 911 ever to grace the tarmac is coming this September.

According to a tipster, the GT2 RS will carry a price tag of 240,000 euro when it arrives later this year and will supposedly pack enough power to topple the Carrera GT. Earlier reports indicate that the revised GT2, recently caught testing at the Nürburgring, will put out over 560 horsepower and 530 pound-feet of torque. However, it’s safe to assume those figures will be increased In RS trim and we can expect a fully-adjustable suspension, roll cage and possibly some active aerodynamics. The press introduction is apparently scheduled for May 14th, so official details on Porsche’s newest rear-wheel drive road warrior should be forthcoming.

UPDATE: A forum member at TeamSpeed has some preliminary stats from the launch in Leipzig. The new GT2 RS is reportedly packing 620 hp and will come in nearly 200 pounds lighter than the current GT2. The 0-62 mph time is pegged at 3.2 seconds with a rumored 'Ring time of… wait for it… 7:22 – the same as the Dodge Viper ACR.

Saw this on Axis yesterday, should be pretty damn cool.

this sucks, now that and the viper are tied for 1st, and they dont make vipers anymore =(, the vipers still better anyways

there’s a new viper that I always walk past in my parking lot at work. I always think “damn that does look great” until I get close enough to see the interior, then I’m like WTF is this shit!

The 911 interiors arent that great either…

They are very functional and the fit/finish is great, but the overall design has never really wowed me…

That being said… this thing is going to be a HANDFUL to drive…

GTFO with your I-drive bullshit

Dear god. Now introducing the Porsche “Axe Murderer”…

“the new widowmaker”

I like i drive… but im in the 1% who actually gets how to navigate it because i grew up with this kind of BS… my dad however couldnt do shit with it… and he is the target for most of bmw sales, so i get it…

But cmon, you have to admit that the center counsole area (radio/surround) on the 996 cars is pretty outdated… especially the radios

I like the new interiors, simple, clean, and lots of color options.

how can you hate on this:

sport classic interior:

im not hating on the 997… its the 996’s

http://image.europeancarweb.com/f/9325177/0608_EC_21z+2000_Porsche_996+Interior_Dash.jpg

a base plether early model 996 is never going to look that great… but there are some nice 996 interiors out there too, they’re just quirky and different.

yeah well no shit they are out-dated. they havent been produced since 2005!
this thread is about the 997 but you came in saying that 911 interiors arent great but i really like my interior minus the lame “supple” leather option that the original owner went with.

recaros soon enough…

elephant ears FTW?

http://image.europeancarweb.com/f/15169034+w750+st0/epcp_0903_03_z+Porsche_997_GT3_RS_460+car_seat.jpg

Sucks that it can’t beat the viper.

Edit:

Interior wise, I don’t think Porsche has ever been anything to write home about.

A GT2RS thread turned into an interior thread? Only on NYSPEED.

Difference between gt2 and gt3?

LoL difference between gt2 and gt2rs?

I remember top gear saying the gt3rs was lighter because there was no radio, power windows, etc etc. So I’m guessing its the same for this, no?

I think the GT3 is Naturally Aspirated