possible hosts for new us top gear?

the best thing about top gear is watching hammond or clarkson rip around the track playing around…

i dont think leno or sinfield are near the driver’s that the top gear hosts are…but, i’ve never seen or heard of either tracking a car, so i guess we’ll have to see…

i just dont really feel top gear could be the same without clarkson, hammond, and james…it just wont be the same. those guys are like the perfect formula for the show.

i like the show for the cars but more importantly, the antics.

Brian

We reported on a press release issued a while back that offered up some details about a forthcoming U.S. version of Top Gear. We learned that along with dropping the laid back and loitering look of the British version’s venue, the U.S. version will get new hosts, as well.

Thanks to Autoblog reader Berto, who noticed some new pics on Top Gear’s website, we can now introduce you to Top Gear America’s team of hosts. The Stig, however, has been imported in order to do the wheel work on the show.

We wish we could give you comprehensive bios on each new host, but all we got are some vagaries about each lug from Top Gear that goes something like this: “Bruno, a professional drag racer with casual tales of crashing at 230mph; John, the super keen jock, blessed with quaint ‘sir and m’am’ good manners that only Americans can do; and Johnny, a former reality show winner with a nice line in weird humour.”

Perhaps I’m behind on my consumption of reality TV, but which one’s Johnny and what show was he on?

That’s over a year old, and they have since changed directions to go with celebrity hosts. The pilot never aired.

:clap: :word: