possible hosts for new us top gear?

rumors of jay leno after tonight show contract ends in 09 or seinfeld.
opinions will that fly or bomb?
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=124569

Leno would be ok, but nothing like the dry witty ok version.
Seinfeld would suck.

Get some average Joe motorhead off the street that would be quirky yet fun for it. Screw the celebrity picks.

leno would be good. he likes burnouts as much as clarkson and he’s obviously a car nut. :slight_smile:

the hosts better be as big of ball busters as jeremy, james and richard or the show will suck. it cant be politically correct either or it will be total rubbish!

Brian

seinfeld is a very big car guy,

tim allen may be better or titus

Yeah, but Seinfeld is a Porsche guy.

Leno seems to be into everything.

tim allen and leno are always a good time

Good call. Leno is into everything.
Titus is into street rods and fast.
Tim Allen is more into luxury with some classic.

You need some good ballbusters. Titus and Leno both had mini-host gigs with RIDES and another show I can’t recall the name of.

Leno has a slightly modded Grand Am SC/T =D
So he gets my vote ;D

Heaven forbid it is hosted by someone who knows what a good sports car is :rolleyes: Let’s have Leno and Allen pound their chests and love everything with a V8 in it.

leno has a ford festiva with a SHO engine in it he wins.

I don’t mean to rag on him, but fail to understand why Seinfeld’s Porsche enthusiasm makes him a less qualified candidate. I have driven a few Porsches, and if I had the means, I’d own many examples.

tim allen has an rs200, several other rare group b cars and many more examples of american history. whats wrong with that?

he couldnt be the clarkson replacement (stupid beetles ;)) and he is too tall to replace richard lol.

if you have tim allen, you have to have Richard Karn to be the James May replacement. :slight_smile:

Brian

they all suck…

the show is about the cars, not the host… and the credit for top gear’s success is due largely to the producers, directors, and especially the writers.

hammond is pretty much a fag when not on that show… james may? who cares… and jeremy clarkson is awesome but mostly because of fit, not talent.

so why has no one raised the most important question of all yet?

who the hell is gonna be the stig?

leno ftw

def leno, after reading through his site and watching all the videos, he seems to know his shit. hes got a wide variety of cars, bikes and everything in between. i saw a clip today of his rocket bike, he actually melted the bumper of some guys bmw cuz he got too close behind him. he said he just took off like nothing ever happened. lol

leno is extremely intelligent as far as anything with a motor. I think he would be great for it, but not seinfeld or letterman or whoever else are being considered.

The Stig’s fatter cousin from the Top Gear goes to the US episode? Or some guy that only drives the 1/4mi.

i heard Tyrese wants it