Possible Nigerian Scam?

So I’m selling my wifes new blackberry. There is a for sale thread here on the board. I placed and add on craigslist as well. I received this email today regarding the phone.

I am very grateful to hear back from you. i’m a medical doctor residing in texas.The (New Blackberry Bold)) is for my daughter’s birthday present coming up next week,due to her brilliant performance,she was currently transfered from US to West Africa with his team on a research on Human development under world Health Organization. I’ll be paying you through Paypal or fedex money order,it’s secure and protects two parties in a transaction.
I will forward my duaghter’s residential address to you for shipping as soon as the payment reaches you.So send me your paypal email address,so that i can make the payment.

NB: I will be paying you $550 for both the cost price and shipping fee. Regard.

Now I was only asking $450 for the phone and she does say that she will send the shipping information after she receives my paypal address. But it sounds weird, I mean for a supposed doctor she has horrible grammar.

Is there anything here I should be concerned about?

:picard:

Hey I’m just asking.

let them send you the money … then never ship it

note to anyone else. If you think it’s a scam it probably is. Especially if it has ANYTHING to do with africa.

this is beyond obvious…

:picard: