Possible promotion opportunity today

I applied for an advancement to Product Development Engineer at work today.

Discuss.

Sounds great BUT I dont know what you do, and does this Opportunity come with a better wage?

arent you on shift all day at work?

lol (as i post this from work)

I wish I could apply for a promotion.

Good luck with the promotion!

Yes.

For starters:

Required Skills
This new position requires the following skills and/or tasks:
Product Development

• Plans, designs, and develops new products and business opportunities.
  • Coordinates production trials on a global level with toll manufacturers.
  • Records test data in spreadsheet form; prepares and interprets graphs or charts of data.
  • Participates on Steering Committee to plan and prioritize future development efforts.
  • Monitors and summarizes progress of projects; prepares status reports for business managers.
  • Responsible for product implementation and reviewing product performance and quality control.
  • Assists marketing with product introductions and customer acceptance.

Quality

• Assists QC Manager in determining root cause and corrective action for complaints.
  • Maintains global product standardization in the design of new products.
  • Assists QC Manager with global QC specifications and testing practices.
  • Maintains item master codes in MfgPro.

sounds like an all around dumpy job.

shrugs

Not all of us can be professional drifters when we grow up I guess.

sounds like you’ll have a 2010 SMR 510 on order by next week then…

I just realized I havent done a wheelie on anything since the last time I rode my old bike :’(

Actually, if this goes through I am going to begin my quest for my own personal piece of land, if you catch my drift…

I’ll sell you my house…

haha

It’s not far enough upstate!

im just fucking with ya

no srsly, where do you work, what do you do know, what do you make doing it and how much $$ will this promotion bring in

Good luck on the promotion. I’ve been desprately waiting for my raise for over a year :’(

if you work for the state dont expect one this year either unless you are close in the offices of the higher ups because they will just claim its not a raise BUT you got more duties or they make some cockamamie new position to employ a friend or contributor

Kramer - I’m a Lab Technician for Albany International Corp.

well Chris I hope they except your Application sounds like it would be a step in the right direction for what you are trying to accomplish

im sorry that sounds like a horrible job, what exactly do you do, i dont quite understand

I sit at my desk and provide feedback to posts on this website.

On a more serious note, what is it that you do that makes an engineering position look like a “horrible job?”

I didn’t mean it like that, I have a horrible job but I like working on cars, sitting at a desk on shift all day doesn’t seem like my cup of tea

I was brought up differently I guess… the last thing I want to be is a mechanic.

I love my “desk job.”