post your latest purchase

:bigthumb:

We looked at a White Diamond Pearl one locally, but it was too plain looking (and Kara complained that every 3rd or 4th car she saw on the road was white). I looked at a bronze one, but she wasn’t too interested in it. Once we saw the Kinetic Blue Pearl, we were convinced that is what we wanted. The combination of the color & the dark gray wheels is perfect. I’m not even a fan of Blue, but this is different for some reason.

This is 3rd Gen TL #2 for us. The other one was an '06 Anthracite w/navi. We traded it in 2 yrs ago on a Jeep that we were less than happy with. We looked at all kinds of cars in the past few months, using our first TL as a gauge. I was interested in a Infiniti M45, but not real impressed with long term reliability. They seem to have many electrical issues and other headaches. I wanted a G8 GXP, but she is the primary driver & was scared of having just RWD. The TL just kept coming up on top. We looked at the new style TL and can’t get past how ugly it is. The 3rd gen TL Type S is just perfect for us (and about 1/2 price of a 2010 TL tech/AWD).

I took off the fugly vent guards off the front doors today. It looks much better. I’m going to get an iPod integration kit for it & put a remote starter in it. That’s all I want to do to it for a while.

It’s her Daily and she needs to be happy with it. I still drive the Hooptie company van (although my new 2010 Equinox is ordered & on the way). My company is finally getting away from these junk Chrysler vans. Lets hope the Equinox is a nicer ride. I hope it isn’t a dog with the Ecotech & the 6 speed auto.