Power Windows -and- Power Locks No Worky

Well, one day they were working great, the next the weren’t. Where do I start?

Neither the power windows or the power locks on my S13 work. From either side. Nada. No clicking noises either. Am I looking for a cooked fuse? If so, in which box/block?

Thanks

in the fuse box by the kick panel there is a fuse. however i doubt that is your problem cuz IIRC power windows and locks are on a different fuse.

I would also check where the wires run into the door for a short, the ground on the door as the door locks and window switch have a common ground.

Also if you car is low (can’t remember how low yours is) check the harness on the USDM driver side above the wheel.

Low enough to have chewed through part of the loom :lol:

Id personally strip off the wire before the PW actuator and use the “common ground” that RS13 talks about and see if your getting power, if not work onto your fuse box and check fuses. If it is lit up I would suggest getting the switch checked, I recently owned a 240 and my window switch was getting very tricky although you would push it down regardless of how hard you pushed it.

I actually had to play with it ( press it to put the window up, then down. Or just as fast as you can in that sequence if the above test light worked )

Just an idea, let me know how it works!

Low enough to have chewed through part of the loom :lol:[/quote]

Thats your problem then

Happened to me.

Low enough to have chewed through part of the loom :lol:[/quote]

Thats your problem then[/quote]

Bugger. The exposed wires are shorting the circuit then? What’s the best way to go about isolating them?

Open up the harness where it is chewed through and fix/tape up the exposed wires to isolate them.