Pre-Bench race 2010

i can’t WAIT to dig race. so much fun!

maybe if i get my Mk2 running good we can do a little run. less power, less weight, + a diff, maybe it would hook

i ran pete from a dig he obviously came out on me, but around 1/2 “track” i was going by him. just gotta melt the clutch and pedal 2nd a little bit

:excited

http://www.dmiblog.com/archives/Shovel%20ready.jpg

is why my clutch was smoked lol:lol

That’ll do it! PLus those stock evo clutches SUUUUUCK!

ik. lasted 3k of my driving and 35k of a 40yr old man driving haha

The sauce is weak!

The Dig man himself is online, folks. and brett yeah, get that mk2 going…we’ll give it a shot…hopefully ill have some boost by gear setup next year…if not…when in doubt…balls out. :slight_smile:

i guess its just older people. a guy who lived with me had an 06 MR, cosworth cams, tuned, meth exhaust, the normal, about 400whp 65kmi on the clutch when he sold it in 2007 :eek2 the guy who got it, smoked the clutch/tranny in a month

:rofl:rofl:rofl

car will be a turd most likely. 1.8 8v, with a crossflow head. turbo undecided at this point. maybe 300whp pushing it.

sounds like the guy never launched it, then the new owner launched it a few times and piss pounded it lol.

car got driven hard. it was experience vs, inexperience. what was weird about the guy was he cam from muscle, deep south 1/8th mile drag racer. but his recent cars were an 01 ITR, 05 STI, 06 Evo, then he got a new saleen, then went back in time and got an 80 Camaro and built it something silly. a majority of his miles were highway though, 3-4 trips across the country. so thats nearly 20-25k right there.

ha, yea i hear ya on that. one kid that went to HVCC last year had a grey MR, kid beated the shit outta it, a year later i saw it on dynoflah al videos with an fp red makin 500 and the clutch juuuussstttt started to slip. funny how it works.

My 77 year old father jumped in a friends Evo w/ a 6 puck clutch and drove it better than the owner.

My father dosent like Evo’s. Or Ford trucks.

^ i stalled that fugger pulling it outta your driveway :lol

LOL, my dad drove it one night when Larry, myself and another friend were highly intoxicated. Larry got picked on for the entire ride for being shown up by someone well over 2x his age, ha.

how did your dad like the steering on that thing

A TC78 and 317 heads will need to be in your future. LoL. Or a lot of spray

He likes the car overall, just can’t get over the horrid looks. Father and son agree on that one.