Private Road Course

So I was hauling into a Private paved road course a guy has in his back yard I believe i was told its about 1mile long its on Taghkanic right near the Tanconic Parkway. The guy has some crazy about of cars 4 garages that i counted all garages were 2 story and about the size of a normal 3bedroom home Im gonna try to get some pictures tomorrow.

I seen a all track prepped 350z,a Ferrari, a bmw and a few other cars that are all done up also a mad about of Go Carts and Motorcycles

get any information you can

subscribed

what?

rumor has it he might be letting auto clubs in this place for events. another driver said he believes the corners r banked like 30degrees in certain sections its very wild. pictures will be up this evening

We need to jump down this dude’s throat for a drift spot. In for midnight drift raid, no way he’ll kick us out if we’re being awesome.

^ I like your thinking :lol

This logic just might work.

Indeed.

Enter these coordinates in Google maps 42.129914,-73.715175. I think that’s it.

If he did let us in, he’d quickily regret it as soon as we show up lol.

Steve and benny doing tandem drifts

Slowmarro with no shirt

Me doing big smokey burnouts

Death with the molester stash

PJB being PJB - “I went to a roadcourse once, but I was hungry so I went home and went to sleep.”

:excited:excited:excited:excited

It doesnt look that great from above. Who knows whe this was taken though. Could be totally different in person

Wilzig Property
450 Post Hill Rd
Taghkanic, NY

http://www.dec.ny.gov/enb/20080123_reg4.html

The applicant proposes to construct an earthen dam with a maximum height of 18’ to impound surface runoff into a 12 acre pond for recreational purposes. The proposed pond will impound a maximum of 116.27 acre feet of water. The pond is also associated with the discharge of dredged or fill material into the waters of the United States as regulated by the US Army Corp of Engineers and outlined in an October 2007 restoration plan. The restoration plan includes a wetland planting plan for restored areas and the placement and stabilization of excavated material in an approved upland disposal site. The pond is being constructed in conjunction with other property improvements which previously included a motorcycle race track, new home, and other associated activities/structures. The site is located on the west side of Post Hill Road, north of Columbia County Route 10 and east of Churchtown Road.

Racetrack controversy

Wilzig faced a firestorm of controversy over a planned private racetrack to be built on his 275-acre Taghkanic Estate. The racetrack was zoned and approved by the local government, but a lawsuit was filed by an activist group formed to oppose the track construction. The activists cited concerns about noise, safety, and general quality of life. After an initial victory in the New York courts, the Appellate Division (the highest court in New York State) reversed the lower courts and reinstated the original zoning order.[16][17][18]
The racetrack was completed in November of 2010. The track is over a mile in length and 40 feet wide. It contains 9 turns, 70 feet of height changes, and is capable of being run in several configurations. The largest configuration, intended for time trials, allows for a two and three-quarter mile lap with only one pair of consecutive turns in the same direction. It is zoned and intended purely for private recreational use. It is the largest racetrack of this type in the United States.

Alan Wilzig is also a well known collector of motorcycles and several high performing automobiles. Most of his vehicles are stored at his estate in Taghkanic, NY. His collection is extensive including factory racer Bimotas, Grand Prix racing Aprilias, a 1948 Motom, a 1983 Hesketh (a particularly rare vehicle) and a 1953 “Dustbin” Gilera.[13] His collection has been featured in Cycle World and the Robb Report.
Cycle World referred to his collection in glowing terms as the envy of motorcycle collectors. In this context, it dubbed his motorcycle garage as the “Garaj Mahal”.[14]
Wilzig created a motorcycle combining parts and features from the Ducati 998 and MV Agusta F4. Both vehicles were originally designed by Massimo Tamburini and the fusion motorcycle was considered a tribute to the designer. Motorcycle enthusiasts provided glowing reviews of the hybrid machine and it was judged by the Robb Report to be an ideal motorcycle for fans of Tamburini’s designs.[15]
Notable vehicles in his collection include an Ariel Atom-2, Diasio D962, Ferrari Mondial Cabriolet, Gardner-Douglas Lola T-70 continuation car, Lamborghini Jalpa, Maserati Spyder, Radical Pro-Sport, and West WR1000. His collection also includes the 2001 NY Yankees Top Fuel Dragster driven by Mike Dunn (formerly co-owned by George Steinbrenner), the 2002 IRL Championship Winning Chevron-liveried Toyota-Lola driven by Cristiano DaMatta, and the 2004 Subaru WRX Rally-America gravel rally car, and the former Team Subaru USA Grand-Am Series roadracing Legacy.

OK so the map was during construction. It looks great now
http://images.townnews.com/registerstar.com/content/articles/2011/02/25/news/doc4d672bc0638be967302196.jpg

EPIC

The guy has a castle!!

MOTHER OF GOD.

TITS