Problem with blast cabinet

I have a 48"x48" blast cabinet that is syphon feed. I am blasting with BLACK BEAUTY and when I am blasting it surges. The pressure goes up and down. It was working fine before, but I am using a different compressor now.I am using an Ingersoll Rand 185cfm diesel compressor.I am wondering if someone may know if this is most likely the feed tube or a pressure issue. Previously, I had 2 compressors hooked up in series to provide enough air pressure and cfm. I have a couple old compressor tanks I can choose from to feed the air from the compressor to. The advantage of this, I am thinking,is to to increase the pressure and have no shortage of volume. Any input would be appreciated.

p.s. Any suggestions for sand type medias?

he nozzle could be clogging, do you have a dryer inline with your air supply. If so drain your media and filter it with a screen and remove the big chunks that have conglomerated.

check for moisture in your air supply.

lol I used to blast with black beauty back in the day. Cept my blast area was 20’x30’x10’. Used to blow threw a 5-80lb bag hopper in 45 mins. Talk about serious blasting!

I do have a dryer on the line and a screen to catch any larger pieces. I’m wondering if it could be the feed tube. It is a 5/8" piece of brass pipe that is a little flattened/ mangled on the end. Should the end just be wide open or a little restricted?

^^get that fixed Jesse, cause real soon ill be bring over my front wheel

Joe, it works fine now it could just work even better and faster. I just blasted about 25 pieces for a guy last night.

How big is your cabinet? I need some stuff shot.

4 feet by 4 feet, but we have a blast booth we are converting to be able to blast with sand too. It is currently set up to blast with soda.