Problems with B swap / idle problems.

UPDATE - the axel problem was because i was using abs axels and i have non abs car so i got new ones and it bolted right up lol. drove the car today it drives good just have to figure out exhuast and its done :slight_smile:

ok next problem. the idle on the car bounces from 1000 to 1500 from 1000 to 1500 but the car will never die just keeps bouncing when i come to stop or idling. if i cover the TB with my hand the car levels out perfect no more bouncing nothing. what could this be? i looked for vac leaks and i dont see any. everything is plugged in. Car is 95 eg b18b swapped all 94 teg parts and 94 teg ecu. does anything have to do with my car use to be vtec and now its not ?

o and what header will bolt right up to my stock catback ? i got like a 3inch gap

double check that the axel didn’t pop out of it’s joint within the boot on both sides. If for some reason you managed to pull on the axel after the snap ring clicked into the tranny, sometimes the axels can/will pop out of the joint within the boot. You should be able to tell just by looking at it.
Also, I wonder if the earlier years of integras have longer axels…Im talking like 90-91

If you weren’t so damn far out I’d stop by and take a look.

Do What Andy said first and check those. Are we talking about a stock upper control arm? It won’t line up at all when you’re trying to put it together?

As far as the exhaust … You’re SOL … you need to make an adapter or the better/ right way is lengthening the pipe to make it fit right.

might not be into the halfshaft all the way

and fyi the next time you do it, keep the top ball joint together and take apart the bottom one to make it easier all around

im going back to shop to give it the next day try. it usually works then lol. i think i might have poped it out like 99 si was saying the more i think about it i think i gave it a tug when i had it locked into place.

and yes everything is stock

if you have DA axles they will not work and you will ruin the axle seals in the tranny…as stated above I would just make sure the intermediate shaft is in all the way and the axle is definitely all the way on it

As for the exhaust. I believe skunk2 make adjustable test pipe.
As for the axles, are you using dc2 axles and intermediate Shaft? Dc2 axles have male splines on both side. Earlier model have two diffrent sizes, I believe the intermediate shaft stamped sk2 used a 93 axles which is the shorter ones

all parts are from a 94 integra

what these guys said. i take it your car doesnt have a camber kit? i’ve had to loosen the top ball joint and slide it all the way down to get the axle in.

i just go back im almost positive the axel is screwed up im just going to pick up a new one and try. and the exhaust will not bolt up at all the flanges are in 2 different angles.

and also i got one extra vacuum line its coming from the canister under the fuel fliter its the middle one. were does that go ? lol its small and a ok length

bump found out problem updated first post

nice, you still going to end up selling the car then lol?

You can probably weld an extension going from the header to the cat
or just eliminate the cat all together and put in a test pipe

or you could also buy my completely unessesary for this car full 3inch exhaust :slight_smile:

dude fix your exhaust cackord 3 did that shit when it was catless

so uhhhh… what are you doing this weekend?:pedo:

also it could be as simple as a ground, air in the coolant, or the idle air control valve being dirty

those are the top 3 causes for a bouncy idle in a honda
Bleed the coolant, see if that helps, check all your grounds.

Unplug the iacv if it smoothes out, you found your problem, hell i had success beating on an iacv with a screwdriver.

well heres a couple things. i did the coolent, stayed the same. i unpluged the iacv and the idle died alittle did not bounce to much anymore. and i am pretty sure i did not put the ground going from the tranny to the frame on. is that a real big deal ? could that really be a idling problem ?

all the grounds are a big deal on a honda.

Is your motor obd2 or obd1 ? Obd2 motors have an extra coolant thing or whatever than can fuck up the idle
However most of the time its the iacv on the IM, clean it out with greased ligtening or carb cleaner or brake parts cleaner. If that doesn’t work I have an extra one that works fine. Except I would need like 20bucks for it lol. Try the “free” way first