Produck Review: HKS Hiper Cat-Back

This was Josh’s old system, that he sold to Bing, who i then bought it from…and i couldn’t be happier.

the original thread with pictures:

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4241&highlight=HKS

my dad welded the two small pin holes that developed from josh bending the H pipe back after the slight accident, and they turned out great…

spent some time friday afternoon while the wind and snow was calmed down putting it on, and it makes a huge difference.
i didnt realize before hand how horrible my exhaust system was…when doing the swap, i figured it would be smart to do the split 2.5" downpipes and testpipes right away, because otherwise i’d have to wait until the tranny was off again to do the downpipes, and i wasn’t planning on doing that any time soon…but unfortunately i didnt have the cash to take care of the cat back, which pretty much made the exhaust upgrades i did do useless…

however, with the new cat back on…and all the old exhaust leaks now gone, the car rides smoother than ever, holds power all the way to 7k rpm (rather than totally dropping off around 5500 like it did on my dyno) and it sounds sexier than i ever imagined it could. i actually spent a lot of time friday afternoon and saturday early in the day driving around, since it was above freezing and the salters hadn’t been out in a while.

all in all i give the HKS cat back system, along with my ebay no name stainless down and testpipes 2 :tup: 's

http://www.z1motorsports.com/popup_image.php?pID=88&imageNum=1

all that’s left now is intake, ashspec ecu, and um oh yeah…compression! :bloated: and i think i’ll be content with it for a while…

:tup: The jury will always be out on the looks but you cant beat the flow :slight_smile:

I had it…Onyx had it 3 times now :stuck_out_tongue: NSRZ32 has it and I guess Woody has it too :slight_smile:

despite the cold on saturday…i managed to keep the windows down for about 10 passes through the airport tunnel…which wasn’t a good idea, because it’s not gonna be warm enough out to dry my now-wet seats for a while…while i can just throw the pants in the drier

Nice man glad it worked out for ya :tup:

Some people hate the way it looks, but you can’t match its performance / price.

I had that exhaust on my DSM, sounded sweet but I had to upgrade to 3" the 2.50" just couldnt cut it