Project Bring

Well Ive been scouring the web looking for a new honda project! Well I found a couple deals on other cars that werent Honda’s of course… So I picked up a 98 Chrysler Sebring! Check it out and lemme know what ya think…

Both look to be in great condition.

What MPG are you expecting from them?

at least 15 lol… I had a 95 Sebring for the longest time and it got good gas mileage and we also have a 96 Beretta and that also got great gas mileage… So I figured id just go back to what we know yanno… So im hoping with these two cars I can actually save money! Im spending honestly between 4-600 a month on gas and im pretty sure its more than that!! and Thats a little ridiculous if you ask me… Something has to be done about these gas prices but until it does I’ll keep the miles off my trucks anyways!

15mpg isn’t that good of an improvemnt lol. well to me, anything less then 50mpg is garbage to me. atleast your trying :giggedy

Id love to get 50 mpg but thats un reasonable! I would have been happy with a honda getting 20-30 mpg! But I’ll work with what I have. I would hope Id get better than 15 but Like I said I’ll take what I can get to help relieve the wallet…lol Im sure it wont though! It will just end up another car to hook up!

I would think those cars would get around 20 mpg if not better, atleast on the highway.

holy crap i couldn’t imagine getting those kind of mpg numbers ! when I dip down into 23-24 i have a panic attack !

Believe me I know what ya mean! Pretty much when Gas hit 4 dollars a gallon I was like there not gonna do anything about it so im gonna have too! I mean when all is said and done I spend well over a 1000 a month on my cars! It Drives me crazy but I love em so I gotta do it I guess! Id like to keep the miles off my Navigator anyways! so it works out I guess!

Well enough about gas!

I picked up a bodykit today for my Sebring pretty nice I will post pics later! Anyone got a aftermarket exhaust for a sebring avenger or eclipse or talon?

Pics of the bodykit!

Hopefully youre going to paint it before it goes on the car.

I think the price of the cars may offset the 5mpg increase your getting…but hey to each his own.

and registering and insuring them too but whatever.

No the way I see it is the cars will pay for themselves in the long run… and as far as registering and insuring the cars there is no increase in my insurance cuz I have the same amount of cars… Yes im going to paint it before it goes on the car but the rear must be molded in so im contemplating having the whole car painted by maaco or something…

nice

I will warn you now, dont mold it, you will have nothing but problems with it cracking and youll be getting it done at least every year. Just wanna give ya the heads up, i was a body tech and bonding urethane plastic to fiberglass will not hold up to the test of time.

Well I thought you picked these up in addition to the two trucks so I figured adding two cars would raise the rates.

Definately dont mold the kit on and definately dont let Maaco touch it. They have a reputation for a reason and theyre not even cheap. I had them do an estimate on my Mustang for the hell of it and they were alot higher than better places I went to.

Take a look at alot of the cars around here with molded on bodykits and see how well theyre holding up. Most of them are cracking and splitting and looking like ass.

Well I would have to do some sort of a blend to make the two peices one… They dont offer a full rear bumper bodykit for the sebring just the lip… I would rather have someone do the work aposed to maaco! I’ve never heard anything good about them! I just dont know any good body techs! I need to get the front bumper and rear bumper aswell as the two fenders done! Thats why I said Maaco! If theres anyone on here confident with there painting skills and wanna take on a job pm me a price! I wanna go with the stock color and paint just the fenders and the bumpers but for the rite price id do the whole car!!

or just leave the stock bumpers alone :ponder

My friend is addikted 2 wips as well and also currently has a Sebring. He wants to know where you got the body kit

Some Progress today… I put new fenders on it cuz it needed them! They were both slightly damaged… I also Set it up for the bodykit allthough I still have to Re Primer the Bodykit before it can be bolted up correctly…