Project: Good enough just isn't good enough this time

I got the front bumper a week or so ago. *Out of the box I could see that the mold on this one was sub par and unfortunately I can not say that I am very happy with the condition or the quality of this piece. *The runs and the horribly uneven edges in the material are a bit more than expected but still regularly expected who cares. * A little sanding and filling not a huge deal.

The grill section is pretty much spotless. *Happy with this, much better than my previous bumper. *It even has a little piece to attach the grill to so it can be secured better like the oem bumper.

The passenger’s side fog light fits like a glove and this bumper even has tabs and cups to secure the fog light. *On the left side things fit perfectly. *On the ride side *not so perfect. *Clearly the mold for the support for the fog light has sagged in enough that the fog light will not slide all the way back. *Little heat or possibly some cutting /shaving will take care of it. *Again no big deal, better than anything i have had before.

So far so good really. *On to what actually pissed me off a bit. *The high beam holes. *Now on a good number of other units the kit company doesn’t cut these out you as a customer have to which I personally prefer cause I am going to cut the hole with a lot more care than anyone else. *Now on this bumper I don’t think those parts are cut just molded with that space void. *The drivers side is not bad at all.

A little shave here and a little fill in a couple of the visible notches or chips. On to the passengers side, which is the spot that is absolutely notacceptable*and clearly visible to the naked eye. *100% *a quality control issue at the factory and for me will require a lot of work and unfortunately due to its location always be a weak point.

Gaps are gaps, but this is just ridiculous and could easily have been quality controlled or prevented *by just simply not molding the holes or cutting them out. Mold the indent for the hole and let the customer cut it out. It would make life so much easier for thecustomerto fit this constant trouble area on these after market bumpers to their car.

This is duraflex material which means it has some flex to it and is semi close oem bumper material. Any of you paint and body guys have suggests of what i should fill that giant gap with. My concern is fiberglassmatteand resin may be to rigid attached to the duraflex in that area and lead to constant cracking

Why not send it back for another one?

I have dealt with trying that before. Its a much much bigger head ache than its worth. Most companies will fight you tooth and nail and rather just refund you money than return and reship another unit cause they make so little on them and the cost to ship is so high

chances are theyre all gonna be like that so Id just send it back and get your money back and buy one from somebody else.

My brother’s friend bought a bumper for a Focus online and I swear it was made out of melted black garbage bags. No mounting hardware/holes, horrible fit finish. Complete junk.

meh all these kits if they don’t come from Vertex they come from the same knock off place extreme dimensions so chances are they are all from the same mold and have the same problem

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1UZ-W58-transmission-adapter-Deluxe-KIT-/130809792408?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e74df0798&vxp=mtr

just goddamn do it already.

And then I wouldn’t be able legally drive it in NY

Manifold Pics

what are you talking about? the check engine light? lol dude that should be the least of your worries. its not hard to get through inspection in nys. you should try connecticut. this shit is ridiculous. every inspection station is government run.

the fact that there will be CELs from the missing automatic trans sensors and soleniods is one issue. The other is no on has found a way in 97+ vehicles to get the cluster to correctly work after swapping to a manual.

I’m to the point in life where i want a fully functioning problem free car not something cobbed together that is fast and fun

Starting to dig into this giant turd.

Got myself a new aftermarket power steering cooler

set of cheap coilovers that actually got great comfort reviews but were complained they didn’t go super low which IDGAF about.

Just wrapping up my center console conversion this weekend…hopefully

Glad to see this thing is still alive! I finally bought one.

ORLY?

Need any parts LOL

lets see this thing done . i love build threads .

Its getting there. The wide body is on. Interior is done. I have rear suspension arms to do, rear diff, and headers. I think I might leave all that up to CRC just because it is awkward doing that stuff with the car 11" off the ground lying in dust, saw dust and dirt.

Here are some progress pics though
Interior is Finished just need to be cleaned and vacuumed

looks sick

Is that a decepticon horn? Fricken awesome.

yes and its metal too not that junky plastic shit

I think investing in a broom would help you

its a dirt floor retard