Project

If you were to pick any car, just a rolling chassis to start a project on want would it be? What motor would ya put in it? etc?

any motor any car?.. import wise…?

yep! imports only…that includes anything form europe, japan, england, or anywhere else youd like

A '98 legacy wagon. Subarus are like legos, so it’d only be a matter of swapping all the current WRX STi parts in and you’d have one killer car that can haul all your race shit, tires, jacks, spare parts, tools, etc. to the track. And it’d still be lighter than a current STi!

Or, an austin healey 100-6. Prepped for vintage racing with a cheater motor!

I would prolly get some kind of 4th gen celica… like a sunchaser or just a 4th gen convertable and swap the new toyota 5.7l quad cam motor in it. :D… and the sunchaser/4th gens are all rwd.

my eclipse buy it

bug eyed sprite with my sr20 in it, I can’t get enough of those cars

I was gonna stay outta this thread till Mike mentioned his usual austin healey ramblings lol.

For a newer car i’d probaly go for a FD RX7 with a LS1 under the hood. Yea the LS1 isn’t a import motor…but its a DAMN good motor and that works enough for me. Count in the RX7’s great looks and handling with the LS1’s ability to destroy things, great combo.

Going a little older, a early 80’s Toyota celica/supra (just before they split the nameplate). Swap in a 3SGTE thats all built up, slam the car on some panasports for the old school look, probaly paint it black.

Really old car I actaully want to build. Triumph Spitfire (early 70’s mk4 body style). Replace the exterior panels with SCCA production class pieces (fiberglass). Make the nose of the car tubular to accomidate a little better coilover setup for the suspension. And also allow for easier placement of a S2000 engine up there somewhere (tranny and all). Figured if that nets the car 1500lbs or lower with that kinda power that would make me pretty happy.

:eek4dance chriss you can’t handle a LS1 :naughty: :stick:

Datsun 510 with a Buick GN driveline

there way too heavy for a motor like a 3sgte doesnt put out enough torque.

Wasn’t half the reason for the weight because of the I6 motor the car had? Plus thats why I said the 3sgte wouldn’t be stock just for that reason.

Eric - Yea thats why I make you drive and I just look out for cars lol.

jussst saaaying… Most of the high hp 3sgtes you see in mr2s usualy have a hell of a lot more hp than torque like a noticeable amount. But god that would be nice in a celica supra. Thats almost like the one top secret supra with the 3sgte that pushed close to 1000hp. The most I have ever seen was on mr2oc to see it was at 800hp.

98 S10 Extreme or sonoma reg cab short bed,
LT1 or LS1 6speed would be put in

That’s true of just about all the forced induction imports with big turbos that don’t hit until high up in the RPM range.