Proper way to drive a manual...

LOL may be a bit advanced for OP…

However I don’t doubt that that’s your morning commute.

ugh speaking of driving… I almost destroyed the M today lol…

I was hitting the flint road exit off the millersport highway clear of traffic at about 100… and braked late down to about 70… caught a little air during braking the backend stepped out… but! thanks to track days I didn’t have to worry about the recovery cause it was instinctive. :slight_smile:

Smart Idea? No
Was my heart racing? YES and i loved it

PS there was a little bit of traffic

all I know is, is if Viper966 posts in this thread, it should be locked.

:wink:

I heal-toe everywhere I drive…and usually double clutch too (just a habbit)

b.s. nobody double clutches all the time. are you seriously telling me every upshift and down shift you’re doing this?

yea… I double clutch to say I can do it (poorly)… but I never bother with it. thats what syncros are for :slight_smile:

Maby this will help a little

lol that dude is slow lol…

I usually downshift a lot in the vette to help minimize the need to heal toe as it scares me. Plus I’m usually going way too fast to stop with my brakes only lol. I’m always afraid I’ll mess up heal toeing and send myself into a colossal drift. I never double shift even though I should sometimes as my syns can’t keep up once in a while.

If I am driving normally, I shift nice slow and smooth. Clutch in about 3/4 way (it will be fully engaged by then) in between each shit. Never downshift under normal driving conditions as I feel there is no need for it, plus I don’t want the added wear and tear on my drive line. While you can shift without a clutch, I wouldn’t recommend it as transmissions of today were not designed to do so.

//M is an auto so I just romp that pig.

well you have to learn some how… and practicing is a great way to do so.

:banghead:

only on down shifts…

I don’t do it ALL the time, i’d say a good 75% though

lol if the brakes can’t stop you… idk what will lol

apparently engine braking + brakes braking = greater stopping power then just the brakes. :picard:

umm…yeah?

edit: actually I take that back… i’m wrong. but it’s much faster to be in the correct gear entering a corner rather than have to down shift mid corner.

the only thing i can think of in renzo defense is a slightly different weight distribution lol… unless he is running on rcomp tires and the stock brakes can lock them up!..

tires stop a car… they’re always the limiting factor unless your brakes are overheated. hence why people like newman don’t need big brakes for anything more than ballin points.

but YOU NEVER rev match when you’re on a track?

I have always taken the advice of being smooth and quick(good balance of both) when working the clutch pedal.

With the shifter, I am usually pretty slow, not trying to jam it into every gear.

I have also been teaching myself to heal-toe downshift. I have found it’s very smooth if you get the RPMs in the right spot. Allows me to get on and off the clutch quickly which hopefully, is saving a little bit of clutch life as well.

IDK… I have single piston calipers and stock pads… I’m sure If i tossed on some r comp tires I won’t be able to match the friction the tires hold with the friction from the brakes… hence why I have HP+'s

Both running at optimum temps (brakes and tires)

I always revmatch… but it’s to keep the car balanced and the motor happy, not to slow it down. the threshold braking is doing more than the engine braking could so the engine braking is really of no “stopping power” help.

If this is not the case then you’re braking too early / coasting in the braking zone.