prostock s10 twin turbo build...

thought i would share this for anyone that is bored out of their mind and has some time to kill…currently the build is at 87 pages with tons and tons of photos and still working on it, currently fabbing intercooler piping for the turbos at page 87 lol.

pro stock chassis built from scratch with a small block chevy and twin t-88 turbos, pg pro x tci tranny, fabbed 9", etc.

:bacon: <<<put this in here because i just noticed it and i love me some bacon.

http://www.s10racer.com/board/showthread.php?t=4561

link?

wow. im an idiot haha i just edited it with the link. sorry bout that.

VERY COOL!
After seeing that roll cage, it makes me want to make one.
How does one know how to design one properly?
I have a welder and can weld…but dont need to start wasting metal or making a unsafe mess

thats a fully cromo chassis, however just a cage isnt too bad. there is some engineering in it, you cant just look in a rule book and say okay this is all legal according to the rules…you have to take into account the geometry and actual design to ensure that it is a strong cage, and it does have an effect on how much the chassis flexes. alot of circle track cars that are caged some people complain that the chassis is too stiff due to the cage design. some parts of a cage design also have an effect on how the truck 60 ft’s from getting rid of flex…and remember, TRIANGLES. i remember seeing the baja buggy that buff state was doing when my buddy was on the team…these guys had more “engineering” in at school then i did at the time and all i could think is “WTF” thing was built like a ladder and had poor geometry…could easily twist up

if you really want to cage and build something do alot of research first and talk to a few guys that have been doing it a while.

cool thanks

building that thing probably cost more than my house