PS3 Campers

maybe there is maybe there’s not, but i know our ps3 rep had to come back three times to “fix” something with the unit since it’s been on display. I’m not here to argue i’m just telling it how i see it

dude stoners don’t have the attention span to sit in line for something for 3 days unless it’s tickets to see the Dead, and little chance that will happen…they’ll be off to get a sausage bacon n egg biscut shortly hahahah :bigok:

lol thats from oct. of course it overheated in a display… take a normal old computer and put it in an inclosed case for weeks, same shit will happen :bigthumb: the people from ign.com have been playing with theirs day and night… i beleive is hasnt been turned off yet, no overheating. (warm yes)

even says here in that link you posted [QUOTE=]Although our source reports that they have been unable to overheat the unit in house, they are to continue with the installation of a cooling fan in the display.[/QUOTE]

Drove past Circuit City, Best Buy, and Target out here on McKnight, and there all full with people in tents and under plastic bags waiting. So much for my hopes of getting one.

bunch of thugs stadning in front of best buy, target, and circuit city in robinson at 430 in morning in the rain ha

raining like a mofo., still campers in monroeville.

so, when does this thing acctually come out?

friday morning?

yup, sucks for all the people waiting… i can’t release exact numbers, but lets just say that out of 30 some people camping now, only about 3/4 of them are going to get a system…:slap:

people don’t have anything better to do? there are a few easier ways to make a few hundred b ucks… that’s stupid!

truth.

If these people were waiting for 48 straight hours, they spent 500 on the system and sold it for 1500 ($1000) profit, that works out to $20 / hour. With the way it was raining in bretwood and homestead this morning / overnight, it hardly seems worth it.

That being said, I’m going to stop by a local store on my way to work tomorrow, just in case ; )

http://cgi.ebay.com/SONY-PLAYSTATION-3-PS3-60GB-PREMIUM-SYSTEM-PREORDER_W0QQitemZ270054974671QQihZ017QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$30,000 lol, i would be pissed if some asshole messed up my auction like that.

It started down pouring here. There’s a target around the corner from where I live. There were about 10 people out there last night. I wonder how many stayed thru the rain.

I’ve seen them higher. like 2500… people are insane to pay that much for a gaming system:slap:

heres one for a million
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-Playstation-3-PS3-System-60GB-Premium-Presale_W0QQitemZ130047198895QQihZ003QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thats a FVF of like $15,017.

Mine came out to be about $34 an hour. Yeah alot of them might be geeks but the line that i was in 11 of the 12 people were selling theres. I have another one and my fingers are crossed sony doesn’t get another shippment out before x-mas :smiley:

They will, The prices already dropped on the systems on ebay. Aside from the asshole ones. Your best chances were pre-ordering and selling the pre-order.

Still more expensive then what I want to do. There’s going to be 360 core systems for sale on black friday. I am not mentioning where bc I am an asshole. Not hard to figure out what retailer is going to be doing it.

Last I heard, only 1 out of all of the launch titles were even any good LOL.

Has nobody thought to go there at 3am with a switchblade??? i mean these people have $700 cash on them right???

like fish in a barrel

a bunch of people got robbed all over the country on launch day. Some guy got shoot in the chest and arm for not giving up his money. Another guy got beat up by 5 people after comming out of the store with his new ps3. Two kids tried robbing a guy that just bought a ps3, and the guy stabbed one of them, and hes in critical condition. Theres more, but i forget. There was an article on CNN or something.

lthe best idea for that shit was one dude roleld up with a bunch of homeless ppl in a Uhaul truck. paid them 100bucks aday to stay in line and purchase the systems.

homeless made money 300 bucks
dude spent 1500 bucks but made
X amount of dollars on ebay

so down 1800 but upped his profit alot