PS3 developer fired for saying bad things about the PS3

http://www.ps3week.com/blogs/ps3week.php?title=title_6&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Evidently this guy made some public comments about the PS3 but the article has since diappeared. He is a section of it though.

I started [off] VERY excited about the PS3. I was very confident that it was going to just destroy the XBOX 360 just on the name SONY alone. The more time that goes by the more I am becoming doubtful. Everything I’ve developed or seen developed has yet to be ‘next gen.’

:meh: well of course the guy that got fired will say bad things. :shrug:

His article was published and as a result he was fired. Looks like it was more of a misunderstanding and something that wasn’t a big deal getting blown out of proportion.

nothing for the xbox 360 has been “next gen” yet either

i wont buy either until they make something worth a damn.

Playing Project Gotham on Xbox 360 really impressed me the other day. With the view set on the interior of the car I was impressed how the game played. I was complaining and saying I haven’t seen anything next-gen yet and that the 360 is destined to be the next dreamcast and then I played Project Gotham and changed my mind.

My brother told me something about PS3 prices possible being $500+. wtf :bloated:

Yeah i heard that aboutthe price too but i dont think sony would do that, when the psp was about to launch people thought that would be around 500 too. Sony will most likely take a hit on these but make up the money on games.

Not surprised at what the guy said, and not surprised by Sony’s reaction. Had I made negative remarks about EB while I was still working there and corporate found out what I said, they would have fired me ASAP with a legitamate reason. Had that website kept the article up, I can assure you there would have been threats of legal action.

Not happening. They have those rumors for every system every time one is launched.

Thats not saying that you wont have to spend 500 to get the system up and running and have a couple games, and extra controller, etc… my buddy got his xboxa few games and all the other bits and it came close to 600

Word. When I bought PS2 it cost me over 400

after seeing what the xbox 360’s went for im goin to preorder a few PS3’s then sell them on ebay and make some $$