PS3 Far From Complete?

We are about six months from launch, and debugging should be done, prototypes and dev kits should flow like water, and all the tame magazines should already have one. The situation is rather different though, they are nowhere, and there are two related reasons behind this.

The first is size. People tell us that the current PS3s are about 50% too large to fit in the sleek but empty boxes they have been showing off. This is a problem, but a solvable one, electronics always get smaller. Time solves all, and there is still time, just not much.

I hope this means they will be more rare for the holiday season. muhahaha

Not surprised. Sony talks big and rarely delivers.

You’re gonna get flamed for that from the Sony Fanboy’s on here… :wink:

Bring it!!!

I’m just in a foul mood today because everything is breaking here at work :banghead:

thats a bit of an overstatement. Granted, for every memory stick, mini disc, Ultra Mini Disc, Betamax, and video goggles they bring to market and bomb with, they also introduce the walkman, the discman, trinitron tubes and the playstation. Yes its been a long time since they’ve lead in electronic device innovation and they lost their market leadership title to a former second rate electronics firm (samsung), they still have significant R&D and maybe one day their unique forms of propriety technology will really take hold.

In the meantime, I’ll wait to pass judgement on the PS3 - especially since the 360 has yet to tickle my fancy.

GO PS3!!

just my .02

I’m not passing judgement on the actual system… I’m just tired of SCEA making all these claims about their systems. I think I’m just sick of the whole console war becuase you get these heated battles between the die hard fan boys, none or which are wrong of course, and you end up with nothing more than a name calling contest.

All in all, I know that I will own a PS3 and a 360, and probably a Revolution too. They each have their strong genre of game and they each have their staple hits (Gran Turismo, Halo, Mario, etc.). I’m just not going to sit around on the edge of my seat gnawing at my fingernails in anticipation for the PS3. It might make it out this year… but I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be next year.

i probably will pick up one of the next gen machines as well - but it won’t be until I get an HD TV - and that won’t happen until at least HD programming equals standard programming - b/c broadcast looks like crap on an HDTV.